The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

He may have severe writers block. I can see it in his work. 

I agree with you.

But still, where is he taking any inspiration from these days? TV shows? His potatoes? Chickens? Farm life?

I'm afraid Old Mark Donald's farm aint no Dude Ranch.

• Like 1

http://thoughtcatalog.com/rob-fee/2014/03/the-20-best-blink-182-songs-of-all-time/

one of mark's twitter friends wrote a list. pretty predictable. dude ranch apparently never existed on this list, and neither did neighborhoods.

I like that I miss you got some love.

And exactly how do they plan to write a new album with all these tours they keep announcing?

Most likely the setlist will stay the same on these tours.

They seem to write better material while touring then during the downtime. 

Also, is Tom actually doing anything interesting in NY or is he just dicking around with plans for a movie that will flop? 

Also, regarding Mark's writing abilities:

It's a shame because you hear flashes of brilliance in their post-reunion material. 
Examples:

Everyone raises kids in a world that changes life to a bitter game
And everyone lives to tell the tale of how we die alone some day

And then lyrics from Hearts All Gone, Kaleidoscope, and Dogs Eating Dogs.

As soon as you think Mark's going to hit a stride and write a bunch of great lyrics, he falls short or writes something incredibly terrible like "Dogs eating dogs, dogs eating dogs, dogs eating....dogs." as a chorus. 

Yeah, it kind of shocks me that they don't have more ambition with Blink. Especially Mark. Tom has the excuse that he has AVA. Travis has his stuff. But Mark seemed so committed to Blink just prior to and after the hiatus; and he hasn't done anything.

If I was in a band that I loved and the other two guys were partially committed; I'd be out there writing, setting things up and taking charge of the situation, hoping it would be contagious to the other guys to get working with me.

Mark sits back and writes twitter posts and seems pretty content with slowly becoming a has been.

As a grown man you are, same age as me, you know this does not work as you relate. I'm pretty sure that you've been in similar situations. I've been in several ones. Try to remember some project you've been working on with other people on the past, and try to remember how that project just faded away due to the lack of work or interest of your mates, being you the only one who was pushing the whole thing 100%. That's exhaustig.

Now, imagine that Mark has been in that situation for years and he's now just tired. Ok, you can say that he can come back to LA to work, but... guess what: who ran out back in the day when the rest of the band was 100% commited to the project? Tom, not Mark. Now, imagine that they get together, and Tom starts (or better said: keeps on) messing with AvA and mixing time working with blin and AvA, not being 100% commited to blink. I would be pissed SO much.

Ok, I know that the attitude they just have right now doesnt' make things better, but you know...

Fuck, they cancelled a lot of things just by one person. Is fair to say that Mark, maybe, is just being protective wth his own enviroment right now.

Or we just don't know what the hell is going on n the background right now.

• Like 1

I agree with Ghost - a lot of people are blaming Mark and I have no idea why. It's pretty clear that he was 100% in, and Tom and Travis still fucked around with their side projects more than blink. Can't expect him to keep up the attitude when 2/3rds of your band don't.