The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I want them to break up. I'd rather know where we stand rather than the hope and being let down constantly.

Stringing the fans along like this is ridiculous, there's no excuses anymore with twitter, Facebook etc

A little update here or there or a soundclip of something Mark is working on for Blink or Tom or a beat from Travis. But we get fuck all. It's not on.

Tom always let's Ava fans know what's going on.

I don't get why people are acting like this is a huge deal. I mean we've all know Tom has been working on AVA since the untitled shows. All this did was confirm it.. People need to calm down and quit over reacting so damn much. Music will come when it comes relax everyone jeez. go get laid if you can you'll feel better about life.

meh i guess just stopped getting my hopes up so much that this doesnt even bother me at all. if they get together before the shows and all post about being in the studio people will creeam all over it. Until then i have plenty of other active bands that im a fan of tha are working on new records to keep me occupied for now.

I'm not too bothered myself, just petty shit really. They'll probably get together and it will be forgotten about. But, it can't be denied that there does seem to be tension there, at least for the moment. 

I didn't take it as a jab at Tom at all. Mark and Travis are waiting while Tom finishes his shit.... if Travis was the busy one and not Tom it would have said "while Tom and I are waiting...." or if Mark was the only one not busy it would have said "while I'm waiting". Tom just happens to be the one they are waiting on and I don't think that the waiting has any malice behind it, impatience maybe but I think that's more due to the fact that he's excited to get back to the studio. I really don't read any spite out of a stupid Twitter message, again I think its something people are creating rather than what's actually there. I get why they do it but inventing Blink news isn't the same as there being blink news. Again, I think a lot of people are just bored an talking out of their asses.

• Like 1

I didn't take it as a jab at Tom at all. Mark and Travis are waiting while Tom finishes his shit.... if Travis was the busy one and not Tom it would have said "while Tom and I are waiting...." or if Mark was the only one not busy it would have said "while I'm waiting". Tom just happens to be the one they are waiting on and I don't think that the waiting has any malice behind it, impatience maybe but I think that's more due to the fact that he's excited to get back to the studio. I really don't read any spite out of a stupid Twitter message, again I think its something people are creating rather than what's actually there. I get why they do it but inventing Blink news isn't the same as there being blink news. Again, I think a lot of people are just bored an talking out of their asses.

You are also talking out of your ass. You are speculating without definitive proof. But in fact the evidence points against you.

1) Travis saying "people need to get their shit together".

2) New music promised for reading and Leeds. No new music. Can Mark be happy with that?

3) Mark breaking up Blink in 2004 over Tom trying to control the whole process (which is exactly what he's fucking doing now).

You can use anything to justify your argument, you can swing anything anyway you want it. It doesn't make it true, it's just justification. Fact is, you don't know anymore than anyone else here does you just like to argue about it. Definitive proof would be one of the three coming out and flat-out saying what you're saying. They aren't though, they are being vague and it can all be taken anyway anyone wants to take it. Again, drama created to replace a lack of news. Also, you can't use R&L as part of your "definitive proof" on account of the fact that it hasn't even happened yet.

Which is exactly what you just did.

The difference being I'm not claiming proof of anything. I'm just putting out what I was thinking. You're stating facts of the case indicate and they don't. We're doing the same thing only I'm being up front about it.