The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

What a bunch of nonsense.

First off, I said I didn't actively wish for it to burn down. Did you miss that part?  I didn't say he deserved karma. Karma is karma. I didn't compare my situation to his. I used my example to illustrate that I am starting to believe in karma.

I don't believe Tom Delonge is a good person. It goes beyond the stuff you've mentioned. So, yeah I am indifferent to his studio burning down. The same exact indifference you and everyone else have to all the people who are TRULY suffering in the world. The ones who don't even known where their next meal is coming from. Yet you focus on some dickhead who might have to file an insurance claim. Give me a break.

You said karma is catching up to Tom - implying that he deserves it. You aren't actively saying you want his studio to burn down, but you are saying that "he deserves it". There's a difference, but it doesn't absolve the maliciousness. 

I'm not indifferent to people truly suffering in the world, don't put words in my mouth. And even if other people don't mention people starving in this world, that doesn't mean that they would wish any maliciousness on them. 

If someone sees a picture of a homeless or sick person, they wouldn't say "karma has finally caught up to him". Not any more than if I see Tom's picture with flames do I say that either. It's reactionary empathy.

Also, bringing up empathetic responses of another, hypothetical situation, is a weak strawman argument for what you are displaying right now. If I cried over my loved one being dead, would you say "why don't you cry for those who don't know where their next meal is coming from?". It's a dick move, and you know it. That is besides the point. Not all empathy is created equal. 

And lastly, it's not about what you say, it's about what you imply. Look, you don't like Tom, for reasons that are opinionated (I know you love to believe that you are all fact-based, but this is far from true). You curse him out, cuss him out, think lowly of him, and are indifferent to his suffering. You used to be a disgruntled fan, now you are starting to talk like the guy who killed John Lennon or something. 

You say "if you were him" you wouldn't care that your place burned down, which shows you have absolutely no capacity of thinking in the place of someone else, or at least you don't for Tom, which makes you completely NOT objective to your opinions. Because CLEARLY if you were him, you would care. Clearly if you were him, it would be more than just an "insurance claim". It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, where your home is has value outside of money and monetary worth. If the pictures of your family photo albums burned down, is the only thing you care about the worth of printing the photos? Look, I feel retarded even saying these things, because they are so obvious and I am fucking tired of entertaining your incessant bitching, and I'm tired of seeing everyone else do it too. I don't give 2 shits if you think they are crappy live, or you think he owes more for his fans, or if he's being greedy, or whatever the hell else, but you're crossing some weird, fucked up territory if you can't even feel a twinge of emotion for the guy that exists OUTSIDE of your regular grievances as a fan of his rock band. If this isn't sinking in the least bit, then just forget it, sheesh.

• Like 3

Honestly, I think Oliver, you're an interesting guy, and you've got some funny posts sometimes, but fuck it, when it comes down to it, it's not worth the fucking annoying posts and arguments you start (even if you don't intend to). It just isn't. The nuisance outweighs the humour. This entire blink section, and the general discussion thread, is largely unreadable to me, and I'm sure many others, because it's the same stuff over and over and it dilutes anytime anyone wants to discuss something in earnest. And yes, news is slow, but no, something is not better than nothing. I don't believe in quantity over quality. I'd rather read less posts about more, than more posts about nothing (AKA the stupid Oliver themed arguments).

And it's changed the entire flavour of this thread, and this section. Everyone is embittered, cynical, and sarcastic, and that's largely because of the Oliver garbage. Even the people who have critical things to say, like ghent, don't say them as vehemently or visciously, and thus does not "colour" the attitude of the place. It's not about being right or wrong, sometimes it's just about the attitude. If you've got someone come in and be mean spirited, or rude, or obnoxious, it kills the vibe - REGARDLESS of if they are right or wrong. This isn't a courtroom, it's not about the facts. It's about opinions. And when you drag each opinion down with your anvil like downer comments, then this entire place becomes a bitchier, fussier, more dickish place. It's like coming in to try to enjoy a party, but one guy is always coming by to get us to talk about abortion or how depressing the Vietnam war was. Look, it doesn't matter if you "have a point" or whatever, just take that shit somewhere else.

• Like 5

I don't see why anyone should feel obligated to feel sorry about Toms AVA shack burning down.

It's not like he won't get a nice hefty insurance check if it actually does catch fire. It would probably be of benefit to him, assuming that the operation is as costly and unprofitable as I imagine it is.

It would be different if it was his house. This is an office building with AVA shrines everywhere. All of his awards and whatnot seem to be in his recording room at his home (based on his modlife tour videos)

• Like 1

yeah wtf he clearly has missing teeth, he never had that gap before

musicians-new-year-resolutions-tone-deaf

It looks like in the video the teeth are still there, just pushed back, probably cuz his other teeth decided to grow in weirdly over the last year or so.  Its definitely odd looking, but I don't think its unheard of.