The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Let's just assume that what you said is true.  One instance of anything happening to one or a group of people is not indicative of anything for all people.  Stop making such grand all encompassing statements.  We get it dude, you're negative, bitter, cynical, and a pessimist.  You wanna know why you think everything is life will turn to shit?  Because you're already so damn negative.  The way that you behave and think is going to have a direct effect on your overall life.  So when you are older, you'll look around and say, "See everything turned to shit!" You'll fulfill your own destiny if you don't at least try and enjoy life.

Incorrect. I state reality. I state fact. You are going to get old and die and chances are it isn't going to be pretty. You body will fail you, you won't be able to control your bowls....etc Prior to this it will happen to many of the people you love. Some will outlive you, some will not, and you will be a witness to that. That is your "destiny".

All of this is fact and does in fact mean that everything in life turns to shit. Now of course you could believe in the heavens and God and all that nonsense to give you some kind of comfort. Have fun with that.

But all that that being said, I don't dwell on it really. I am generally a positive person and enjoy my time here while I can. But I don't live in denial about the future either. That would be stupid. So many people are like "oh my god my dad is going to die?!?!" Like WTF? Did you think he'd live forever? I mentally prepare myself for the future.

The good and the bad.

Don't you tire about being so cynical and negative all the time? The people around you must be as well.

Just reminisce in times like that. Honestly do you actually getting exhausted from being such a fucking downer. Or are you just looking to entice a response like mine just now.

Either way, it's sad as fuck.

I am being realistic. If Blink 182 was doing amazing just like back then, I would say, they are doing great. But they aren't in comparison to that video. Only someone with their head totally up their ass would think Blink is doing great.

Incorrect. I state reality. I state fact. You are going to get old and die and chances are it isn't going to be pretty. You body will fail you, you won't be able to control your bowls....etc Prior to this it will happen to many of the people you love. Some will outlive you, some will not, and you will be a witness to that. That is your "destiny".

All of this is fact and does in fact mean that everything in life turns to shit. Now of course you could believe in the heavens and God and all that nonsense to give you some kind of comfort. Have fun with that.

But all that that being said, I don't dwell on it really. I am generally a positive person and enjoy my time here while I can. But I don't live in denial about the future either. That would be stupid. So many people are like "oh my god my dad is going to die?!?!" Like WTF? Did you think he'd live forever? I mentally prepare myself for the future.

The good and the bad.

I think it's sad to assume that all we are is our physical body. I'm not religious or even that spiritual really; but I don't think it's correct to assume that because our body fails and rots that our self or soul, which I believe is the same thing, will follow suit. 

There's a lot we don't know about death, and I don't think you can be correct in calling it "everything turning to shit" until you know what it means.

I think it's sad to assume that all we are is our physical body. I'm not religious or even that spiritual really; but I don't think it's correct to assume that because our body fails and rots that our self or soul, which I believe is the same thing, will follow suit. 

There's a lot we don't know about death, and I don't think you can be correct in calling it "everything turning to shit" until you know what it means.

Well I don't want to turn the Blink forum into a religious discussion, but I don't really agree. Talked about ithis is the debate section.

what about everyone (and everything, including this thread) turning to dust?

The good and the bad.

As much as people are aware that nobody lives forever, the death of someone can still come unexpected and as a shock, hence reactions like this.

Well I don't want to turn the Blink forum into a religious discussion, but I don't really agree. Talked about ithis is the debate section.

Not really a religious discussion, all I'm saying is that we can't assume things about death when we really don't know what it involves.

The good and the bad.

And you can't see the beauty in that?  Yeah all of that is sad, but it doesn't mean life goes to shit, it means you lived!  Life is a rollercoaster dude, there are parts that are amazing, and there are parts that are terrible.  And there is everything inbetween.  If in the end, all you can take away is the shitty parts, and not appreciate all of it for what it was, then you are missing the beauty in life, and as much as you may think you're mostly positive, it is clear that you are not.  At any moment, any one person can look at their life and say, I could be doing better in one way or another.   You are the type of person it seems that always feels like you're life could be better.  But the truth is anyone's life can always be better, instead of dwelling on the parts that get you down, appreciate what you do have, perhaps a job you love, great friends, artistic endeavors, hobbies, you name it.  If you appreciate the things that you do have in life for your whole life, you will not feel so shitty when they have to leave, or perhaps when you have to leave them.

And you can't see the beauty in that?  Yeah all of that is sad, but it doesn't mean life goes to shit, it means you lived!  Life is a rollercoaster dude, there are parts that are amazing, and there are parts that are terrible.  And there is everything inbetween.  If in the end, all you can take away is the shitty parts, and not appreciate all of it for what it was, then you are missing the beauty in life, and as much as you may think you're mostly positive, it is clear that you are not.  At any moment, any one person can look at their life and say, I could be doing better in one way or another.   You are the type of person it seems that always feels like you're life could be better.  But the truth is anyone's life can always be better, instead of dwelling on the parts that get you down, appreciate what you do have, perhaps a job you love, great friends, artistic endeavors, hobbies, you name it.  If you appreciate the things that you do have in life for your whole life, you will not feel so shitty when they have to leave, or perhaps when you have to leave them.

But you don't "take away" anything when you die. It's all lost. Nothing you did here matters, you're dead. Even if you happened to be someone who made a difference, eventually your difference will no longer matter and the people who it helped will be just as dead as you.

I think it is good to say that "life should be better". It gives you incentive to improve. If you thought everything was perfect, then life would actually suck. Humans aren't meant to live in perfection.

Anyway, the bottomline is, if you watch a Bink video from 2000 and copare it to their situation now.....they turned to shit. Yeah, its like beating a dead horse but its crazy to actually see something from 14 years and actually forget how great they USE TO BE.