The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

They could easily sell out an arena still with the right promotion.

No chance in hell. They had trouble moving seats in that one venue last year(?) that was half the size of an arena.

It took a week or so to even sell out a 3K person venue last year which was a highly promoted benefit show.

The only way they could sell out an arena is if tickets were $20.

If they got their act together, they could be one of the biggest bands again. But judging from what we've seen from the last 5 years, that's never going to happen. They seem rather comfortable just playing live shows with a stale setlist. The only thing that's keeping Blink-182 together is the money.

I have no clue how 3 guys, who have so much spare time on their hands (I know they have family), can't get together to record an album in the same room for a few months. Nobody is saying they have to record all year or they can't spend time with their family; they make it out that's it hard work to spend time together in the same room.

In my job, if I had the same attitude and effort as them, I would have been sacked a long time ago.

• Like 1

Cause that's the way the world works.

Hmm.... if you have millions of dollars and no full-time job, I'm afraid it does. Besides their family, who they can easily see while recording, what's stopping them recording together?

Not to mention, Mark's been playing with bees while Tom's been writing an album nobody will care about in a year.

• Like 2

No chance in hell. They had trouble moving seats in that one venue last year(?) that was half the size of an arena.

It took a week or so to even sell out a 3K person venue last year which was a highly promoted benefit show.

The only way they could sell out an arena is if tickets were $20.

All it takes is promotion. 

With no new music, no label, and a stale set, they have nothing to promote. With a little effort they could easily headline arenas in the US again.

• Like 1

All it takes is promotion. 

With no new music, no label, and a stale set, they have nothing to promote. With a little effort they could easily headline arenas in the US again.

Well I agree with that. If they actually did Blink full time and put all their effort into it, without a doubt they could. But that hasn't been the case for over 10 years and will never happen again.

they'll be back. could involve another break up and shit..but they'll be back

yeah, we've discussed that before, but maybe that would be for the best, since not much is happening anyway and it starts looking a bit ridiculous. But I'm not sure if they would be back.

they'll be back. could involve another break up and shit..but they'll be back

Is this sarcastic? If so, sorry for missing it haha. But if they break up again, there is just no way they will be "back" in the way that we all want. If they break up again I doubt they would ever even play together again to be honest. They'd likely all be in their 40's by the time they decided to get back together, and I highly doubt their passion would just suddenly reawaken, let alone produce any hits or hype around the band.

In my opinion, their time is sadly running out on getting their shit together. It sucks, there are a ton of reasons for it I'm sure, but they're wasting a whole lot of the time they have left to make a dent in the music world again. They need a ton of things to go right for that to happen: Tom being dedicated, Mark remembering how to write songs, relaxing their individual egos (a lot), getting the right label to promote them, getting the right producer to push them creatively, thinking of themselves as one cohesive unit, simply being confident and believing in the band again. It could happen, but the chances definitely feel slimmer as time goes on.

• Like 1

They won't breakup. Mark has stated his intentions to settle. Travis just does whatever. Tom wants to keep AVA in business.

It's just going to be more of the same. AVA tours, An album that will be a work in progress for 2-3 years. a few Stale setlist shows."Limited edition" merchandise for idiots to purchase.

Oh and can't forget the cocktease twitter and facebook updates that really tell us nothing but attempt to keep Blink in people's minds.

• Like 1

i guarantee blink is still playing shows every once in awhile into older age just like other bands.

they break up, hate each other, occasionally write new shit..this will be no different. just got to hope that AVA runs its course eventually