The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

It really winds me up, that a band that was so revolutionary are just letting what they had go to shit. How does Tom not stand there at these big shows and be like 'shit, I fucking made it, we fucking made it' . Does he ever not look back to who he was when he was 16/17 and think that he's so proud of himself for what he's achieved? I mean, that's the same for Mark and Travis too I suppose. If they could just appreciate their fan-base and be truthfully honest as opposed to bullshit us with lies that we can clearly see through, that would be better. 

Maybe that sounds a bit weird, but my point is that Tom doesn't seem that interested in blink anymore, maybe it'd just be easier if they'd just call it quits. But I have to agree with what Oliver has been saying all along, that blink is practically used to fund AVA for Tom and that's how he will to continue to see it. Mark just wont say anything to Tom and just likes playing stale setlists and Travis is simply stuck in the middle. 

Basically, blink need to call it quits and +44 need a new album haha

It really winds me up, that a band that was so revolutionary are just letting what they had go to shit. How does Tom not stand there at these big shows and be like 'shit, I fucking made it, we fucking made it' . Does he ever not look back to who he was when he was 16/17 and think that he's so proud of himself for what he's achieved? I mean, that's the same for Mark and Travis too I suppose. If they could just appreciate their fan-base and be truthfully honest as opposed to bullshit us with lies that we can clearly see through, that would be better. 

Maybe that sounds a bit weird, but my point is that Tom doesn't seem that interested in blink anymore, maybe it'd just be easier if they'd just call it quits. But I have to agree with what Oliver has been saying all along, that blink is practically used to fund AVA for Tom and that's how he will to continue to see it. Mark just wont say anything to Tom and just likes playing stale setlists and Travis is simply stuck in the middle. 

They are jaded. They've been famous for so long that it is just pretty much a given at this point. I think in some aspects Mark is at least is somewhat depressed by it. Because he is less famous than he use to be. That's how the human mind works.

Tom doesn't think he is famous because of Blink. Tom thinks he's famous because he is Tom. He made that discovery sometime in 2002 ish and has been fucked up ever since.

When I met Travis In 2003, yes 2003, people kept telling Travis that he was a God. His response was "oh thanks" and it was in such a tone that you could just tell he was sick of hearing it. Imagine that. So 11 years later, I am sure its even more boring.

Tom's too busy thinking he's Jesus and counting the millions he makes from a stale setlist each tour.

• Like 1

We've been over this.....they don't want to do Blink full time. For numerous reasons which have been debated. Go watch old videos of them. They aren't the same people anymore. They grew up. Tom grew out of Blink and Mark became a scared little bitch with writers block. The band is non functional.

Tom did grow out of Blink, and while Mark may suffer from writers block, I think we can all agree he is not the problem. I still firmly believe when those three mother fuckers get in a room together and just get down to it, they could all be phenomenal again. I think the chances of it happening are getting more and more slim, but Tom still surprises us every now and then. Maybe one day he'll realize AVA is gay. Probably won't happen for a while, but perhaps in 3 years we'll get the follow up to self titled we've been waiting for. Maybe when the money runs out, Tom will wake the fuck up.

• Like 1

Mark said when blink got together they were all still very "polite" to each other for a long time and basically afraid to get in each other's faces and call each other out when something sucked. I think that was the truth, but I think it never really changed. I get the impression that's how they still are with each other.

• Like 2

I think it's all a matter of attitude. They have the talent, it has being pproved several times. But it's like they just don't wan to.

Ok, I'm making my own statement here: blink-182 will be done after they play the summer dates. They will announce the band is over before the end of this year.

I think it's all a matter of attitude. They have the talent, it has being pproved several times. But it's like they just don't wan to.

Ok, I'm making my own statement here: blink-182 will be done after they play the summer dates. They will announce the band is over before the end of this year.

With the impending failure of the next AvA "art project", Tom would be driving himself into a corner. He cannot be that oblivious to the state of AvA. He just lost another member, and Poet reviews will, hopefully, confirm that Ilan, despite his talents, can't save what's been a terrible concept from the beginning. If only Dave would quit the band, that could open Tom's eyes, but ironically the least ambitious, least talented member of that band may also be the least expendable to Tom.

• Like 1

With the impending failure of the next AvA "art project", Tom would be driving himself into a corner. He cannot be that oblivious to the state of AvA. He just lost another member, and Poet reviews will, hopefully, confirm that Ilan, despite his talents, can't save what's been a terrible concept from the beginning. If only Dave would quit the band, that could open Tom's eyes, but ironically the least ambitious, least talented member of that band may also be the least expendable to Tom.

they pay money for good reviews and radio interviews so you won't hear a bad word about ava...

It's possible that the contract to play the shows has kept them quiet and the breakup has already happened. Just as likely they they will keep on half assing it.

That's my feeling. Seriously.

And if they have to be that kind of disfunctional 'legacy' band, is better for them (and their legacy) to call it quits with some dignity. To announce a break-up after Reading is a big deal, and maybe the best way to do it.

As I said in other post, I'm a huge fan of The Beach Boys. Anyone who knows them, knows that they passed through a very ridiculous era in the 80s-90s. They were pahetic. The band was almost disbanded, Mike Love, al Jardine and Bruce Johnston doing their own shows under the name of Beach Boys and a backing band. Brian Wilson recovering from his illness and doing a solo career. Carl Wilson starting his own solo career too, and Dennis dead. And, in the meanwhile, the name of the band, becoming a total caricature of what they had been. Pathetic.

They were able to solve this several years before (well, kinda). But at least, during 10 years or more, they were a total joke. And you know why? Because despite the fact of the band being partially disbanded, they weren't putting out decent music, or they weren't releasing music at all. I think in 20 years "Kokomo" was the only decent thing they released under the name of Beach Boys. Their reputation was on a total trainwreck, all downhill straight to the wall; and they were turning in some kind of 'fair band' or whatever.

And this is the lesson, kids: if you don't make effort to produce new quality material, in this world, you become some kind of zombie, who ends being a total ghost of what it used to be.

I don't want blink to become this kind of joke. I preffer them to break up the band.

I doubt they break up...Why would Tom leave a band that he can make millions in while only working a month or so a yea?.

And Mark has already said he doesn't want them to break up.