The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Everyone shits on AVA, but hell, if I was Tom's age and everyone and their mum only knew me as the guy who ran around naked to stupid teeny bop rock I'd probably have a meltdown and try to reinvent myself in synths too. Cause yknow, synths are futuristic and shit 

it's funny, more than half the comments on tom's facebook are BLINK? BLINK ALBUM SOON? PLEASE? here's a sample comment from the opposing argument:

AVA is better than Blink. I love both, but I hope he keeps doing things for AVA, all he needs to do with blink is play same 4 chords and sing very basic things. AVA is so much deeper and we understand if your mind can't understand it.

it's funny, more than half the comments on tom's facebook are BLINK? BLINK ALBUM SOON? PLEASE? here's a sample comment from the opposing argument:

.....a factually incorrect statement. Tom generally uses the same amount of chords in AVA music as he does in Blink. As far as being "deep" AVA isn't really anymore deep than Blink either at this point. I guess the author of that comment has never heard Pretty LIttle Girl. I kind of feel like the only people who find meaning in AVA music are the brainless idiot tombots who just suck up Tom's bullshit and parrot what he says about the group.

• Like 2

The riffs in M+M's and Young London sound very different. I don't understand why everyone always says Tom reused the M+M's riff in that song, because it is not the same. It sounds different, and is played differently on the guitar. Yeah, it's similar, but I don't think it's similar enough to say it's a ripoff.

Though I'm aware there are instances where Tom blatantly reuses ideas.

sorry but if you say m+ms is the same as young london you have to say the same about natives. Also the Asthenia riff for the chorus is near the end of hallucinations its by no means the same notes or even the same pattern

I'd seen a couple clips from this video, but never the whole thing. Part of me was always confused by these kinds of things, where Tom sings about magic, and love, and spaceships, and friendships but will make a hilarious video like this... He's done a few things like this that are very contradictory. Pretty funny video. ;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRFAtfKySg