The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

In regard to First Date:

You don't know this for sure at all.  You certainly presented it as if it were fact and not opinion though.

Again, going back to the 1st grade. You would know that what I said was an opinion there. Especially someone who follows Blink close. Obviously as you just demostrated to me, you understand that there would be no way of me knowing FOR SURE that it was the case. Therefore you KNEW it was an opinion. So why are we going on about this?

But it is factually based. Setlists are predetermined. Light effects are rigged to a specific setlist....etc.

No I didn't try to pass it off as a fact. Most people who graduated the 1st grade can read that and tell that it is an opinion. I didn't know I had to write IMO after every last thing.

Except the fact that other people(including myself) think that was an album show, but you are/were very adamant about the fact that your definition of an album show is the only end all definition possible.

• Like 1

No I didn't try to pass it off as a fact. Most people who graduated the 1st grade can read that and tell that it is an opinion. I didn't know I had to write IMO after every last thing.

I see you say this a lot when people bring this up to you.  I gotta say man, you have a way of talking a lot when your opinions are reading as facts.  So yeah, maybe you should start saying IMO or say before the sentence I presented throw in the phrase: I think.  Like: I think that was staged... etc.  It could save us all a lot of headaches and pointless arguments that go on for pages.  Just consider it.

• Like 1

All I fucking said to start this is that I was pissed that Blink are going to continue. It isn't anything that others on here haven't said.

Deal with it. Sorry I don't buy Tom's bullshit for the 1000th time. Sorry I don't float to blink heaven everytime they make more promises that in the past have turned out to be false.

Im not the one wanting to fight here.

You again think you're alone in your opinion on the shitty state of the band. You're not. 

I don't think anyone is fighting. I've said it before and I'll say it now, I've lurked here long enough to know you're a good dude. The point is that you're absolutely unbearable to debate with.

• Like 1

I'd say at least 75% of posters here would agree that blink is currently in shambles. But Oliver continues to play the sheep master as he assembles his rebellion.

That's the most frustrating part of all of this. Most of us are in disagreement, it's just the way we choose to express our frustrations that makes us different.

• Like 4

I will try to put more IMO statements into what I say.

You again think you're alone in your opinion on the shitty state of the band. You're not. 

I don't think anyone is fighting. I've said it before and I'll say it now, I've lurked here long enough to know you're a good dude. The point is that you're absolutely unbearable to debate with.

Well, thanks. :smile:

IMO

• Like 1

This is a cheap Ghent one liner. You still think that you deminish what I say simply by dismissing it as "nonsense". Sorry, it's not that simple.

You see what you did here right? 

Again, going back to the 1st grade. You would know that what I said was an opinion there. Especially someone who follows Blink close. Obviously as you just demostrated to me, you understand that there would be no way of me knowing FOR SURE that it was the case. Therefore you KNEW it was an opinion. So why are we going on about this?

Stating fact: It's not an album show

Voicing an opinion: I don't think it's an album show, [explanation why]

People know bananas aren't yellow because there's a factory filled with people painting them, yet if someone asked me why they're yellow and I said "Because people paint them that colour" I would still be seen as stating fact. Someones further knowledge of a situation makes no difference to how you say something.

Welcome to 1st grade. 

• Like 1

You can characterize my opinions however you want. Think they are crazy etc. I don't mind. But IMO you aren't generally able to back up that characterization with any type of relevent discussion. It's always "you don't see the big picture" type stuff. Which is all just rhetorical.

I wasn't comparing you to Hitler or Stalin. I was making a point though that you will try to defend bad behavior with this "You don't know what its like to be them" mantra. You will justify anything using this tactic. I am sorry. I simply don't have that type of mindset, and not only do I not have it. I think it is very dangerous. If we go around justifying and making excuses for bad behavior, it will simply cause an increase in bad behavior. So me and you don't operate the same.

Also, no one is entirely objective Victor. Neither are you. So maybe you need to sit back and think about that. What is it that causes you to excuse the bad behavior for just about anything? Right away you say "I have no dog in the Blink 182 fight"....are you trying to convince me or yourself that you are a 100% objective person? Because you aren't. It's possible to make an excuse for just anything in life. Not all of them are valid.

Do you even read my posts? I don't get why you want me to say things when you don't read them anyway. You miss the point all the time.

I wasn't saying anything about whatever your arguments are, I'm just saying I have no interest in talking about it anymore, because I already have. We've been at lengthy point to point debates before, it's already happened man. If you can't remember that, then I can't help you. My point is that it's like we had an internet fight, I decided to not bother anymore, and you just kept going. Fast forward basically like 5 years later, and you're STILL going, and I'm just thinking 'what in the fuck is his issue..". 

I didn't say you called me Hitler, I said you think I would defend Hitler. And like Thongrider said, I'm not defending them, I'm just saying "how the fuck do you even know?". And it's not "bad" behaviour.. it's just behaviour. If blink chooses to play greatest hits vs. deep cuts, then that's their goddamn choice. If you don't like it, take a hike. That's just a choice of behaviour, you don't like it, therefore it is "bad". What about the kid sitting next to you that is fucking losing their shit, it's the best day of their life, because they got to hear "the rock show"? Do they think it is "bad" behaviour? Good grief. And no, I don't think blink-182 are the nexus of moral injustice, there's plenty more wrongdoing out there that I'd rather spend my time thinking about that, and so that's where I'm at. I've got 99 problems, and blink-182 ain't one.

I never said I was completely objective. That wasn't my point either. I'm saying that from where I'm standing, there is a lot of clarity by being outside of the blink-182-internet-fighting-bubble. Think of it as those drug addiction, environment vs. genetics discussions we have. You are FORCING an argument, by picking a side about whether we like blink-182 or not, they should quit or not. You're like George W Bush saying "you're either with us, or against us". News flash, life doesn't work that way, things ARE more complicated than that, you CAN be simultaneously not liking something while also hoping for the best about something, and me saying that I don't buy your arguments because that's not how I see it and I don't think you understand what could actually be going on is a legitimate argument, and you trying to make that sound like I am making moral transgressions is the biggest fucking harassment ever.

"Hey supervic, don't you think that black kid in the hoodie is up to no good?" 

"I don't know. Probably not? I don't care, we'll be fine"

"How can you defend such bad behaviour like that?"

"I look forward to having this useless conversation with you again in 8 years, when you're still not over it"

• Like 4

Do you even read my posts? I don't get why you want me to say things when you don't read them anyway. You miss the point all the time.

I wasn't saying anything about whatever your arguments are, I'm just saying I have no interest in talking about it anymore, because I already have. We've been at lengthy point to point debates before, it's already happened man. If you can't remember that, then I can't help you. My point is that it's like we had an internet fight, I decided to not bother anymore, and you just kept going. Fast forward basically like 5 years later, and you're STILL going, and I'm just thinking 'what in the fuck is his issue..". 

I didn't say you called me Hitler, I said you think I would defend Hitler. And like Thongrider said, I'm not defending them, I'm just saying "how the fuck do you even know?". And it's not "bad" behaviour.. it's just behaviour. If blink chooses to play greatest hits vs. deep cuts, then that's their goddamn choice. If you don't like it, take a hike. That's just a choice of behaviour, you don't like it, therefore it is "bad". What about the kid sitting next to you that is fucking losing their shit, it's the best day of their life, because they got to hear "the rock show"? Do they think it is "bad" behaviour? Good grief. And no, I don't think blink-182 are the nexus of moral injustice, there's plenty more wrongdoing out there that I'd rather spend my time thinking about that, and so that's where I'm at. I've got 99 problems, and blink-182 ain't one.

I never said I was completely objective. That wasn't my point either. I'm saying that from where I'm standing, there is a lot of clarity by being outside of the blink-182-internet-fighting-bubble. Think of it as those drug addiction, environment vs. genetics discussions we have. You are FORCING an argument, by picking a side about whether we like blink-182 or not, they should quit or not. You're like George W Bush saying "you're either with us, or against us". News flash, life doesn't work that way, things ARE more complicated than that, you CAN be simultaneously not liking something while also hoping for the best about something, and me saying that I don't buy your arguments because that's not how I see it and I don't think you understand what could actually be going on is a legitimate argument, and you trying to make that sound like I am making moral transgressions is the biggest fucking harassment ever.

"Hey supervic, don't you think that black kid in the hoodie is up to no good?" 

"I don't know. Probably not? I don't care, we'll be fine"

"How can you defend such bad behaviour like that?"

"I look forward to having this useless conversation with you again in 8 years, when you're still not over it"

That's fine if you don't want to participate. It's just a bit weird you show up once every couple of months. Sure, 5 years, heck 10 years, later and I am still here. And sometimes I question that myself. But the thing is, I have a life, a huge life outside of this. This isn't my one and only outlet. This is a time killer this place. It can be 2pm and then 4pm and I don't even notice. At work, when Im bored. That's nice. So I don't think it's a mental illness. I don't obsess over Blink outside of this forum.

Based on what you've said about Blink and in the debate section in general....I do think you excuse bad behavior. Absolutely. You went off on me over some pretty benign comments on drug addicition awhile back. Remember that. You were soooo very quick to make sure that a person is NEVER EVER responsible for their own addition. Sure....right. 

You are very conveniently selecting  things Blink have done that are indeed not bad behavior, but missing some important ones that are indeed bad behavior.

You are of course, saying things about me that aren't true. I tend to take a more negative approach to Blink than most. Guilty of that. But that doesn't mean the stuff I think doesn't have validity to it. Sure it does. Plus you seem to think that I have this highly warped negative view only. I've said plenty of things about Blink that are positive. There just isn't too much in regards to that lately. Someone said Neighborhoods was crap the other day. I begged to differ on that one. Oh look, positive comments from me. Huh.

I wouldn't consider a black kid in a hoodie suspicious BTW.