The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Since it is all for charity, its hard for me to imagine why anyone would take issue with the prices.  If he was selling this stuff all for profit or even partially for profit, I'd think its pretty god damn ridiculous, but really, all the money is going to a good place, can't blame them for trying to make the most for charity that they can.

I take issue that people would buy it even if it wasn't for Charity. They should be ashamed. Maybe Tom too, but dammit what is wrong with people.

Why should they be ashamed?  If someone was gonna donate $5000 to the charity without expecting anything in return, how can you say they should be ashamed then for doing the same thing but also getting a little something back?

If Tom was truly doing this all for charity he would have made 10,000 copies and sold them for $20 each. 

He was doing this to help his wife's app get off the ground. He couldn't have sold them for cheap because that would ruin the hipster, vintage, limited edition vibe this app is trying to promote.

This is the same app that has used Chris Cote Hawaiian shirts for like $45.

• Like 1

Why should they be ashamed?  If someone was gonna donate $5000 to the charity without expecting anything in return, how can you say they should be ashamed then for doing the same thing but also getting a little something back?

I'm not saying I have a problem with them donating something and getting something awesome. I have a problem with them buying anything Tom will sell because they are from my point of view wasteful with their money, or they think it will be some kind of investment. Which might be true some day, but only becaue of the former. It's all just baffling in terms of logic and personal choice. Tom is at least just doing it for Charity and to help his wife (which helps him in a way). But he should of done something a little cooler, maybe like a lock of his pubic hair.

If Tom was truly doing this all for charity he would have made 10,000 copies and sold them for $20 each. 

He was doing this to help his wife's app get off the ground. He couldn't have sold them for cheap because that would ruin the hipster, vintage, limited edition vibe this app is trying to promote.

This is the same app that has used Chris Cote Hawaiian shirts for like $45.

I'm not saying the point was for charity.  it certainly was to get the app going, but that doesn't change the fact that all proceeds are for charity.  But I dunno dude, when you're as big a band as blink, you can charge ridiculous prices, because they know they have the fans out there that would buy it.  What would you rather deal with, figuring out the logistics of shipping 10,000 different items at $20 each, or 400 of the same items at $500 each?  Its a situation where they can maximize profits for the charity while dealing with the least amount of junk they have to ship out.

I'm not saying I have a problem with them donating something and getting something awesome. I have a problem with them buying anything Tom will sell because they are from my point of view wasteful with their money, or they think it will be some kind of investment. Which might be true some day, but only becaue of the former. It's all just baffling in terms of logic and personal choice. Tom is at least just doing it for Charity and to help his wife (which helps him in a way). But he should of done something a little cooler, maybe like a lock of his pubic hair.

I'm sure plenty of people do buy these things because they look cool to them and have that big of an interest in blink.  But I also think there are those that are fans of blink with deep pockets, see that this is going to a good cause and say, "why not?"  

Most people are probably just bad with money and suckers for buying shit tom pimps.

And last time Tom said "proceeds go to charity," 10% is all that actually went.

Yeah I'm operating under the belief that this is genuinely all for charity.  I remember a while ago Mark digging up a bunch of random sweet stuff for some charity auction, prices were pretty nuts for that stuff too, but I'm pretty sure in that case it all did go to charity.