The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Employment rates and income differences are still in favour of men regardless of higher education rates for women.

Due to different life choices. Women working the same jobs as men with the same amount of hours and experience are paid the same. There is no discrimination whatsoever.

• Like 1

sounds like NME needs some ad revenue. fuck those guys. they're a shit publication and always have been.

you can say you dislike dick jokes. who cares. but asserting that several sophomoric jokes is part of some underlying sexist bullshit is stupid. 

• Like 1

Due to different life choices. Women working the same jobs as men with the same amount of hours and experience are paid the same. There is no discrimination whatsoever.

Choices. One of those "choices" is maternity leave. I don't know if unequal pay for completely equal workers is a thing, I've heard different people saying different things, but one thing is for sure; women fall behind on the job ladder because to have children they have to carry and give birth to that child. That's not really a life choice. 

• Like 2

A guy would have been ripped just as hard. She basically screams I have never liked Blink-182 and this will give me some clicks

Exactly, this shitty tantrum of a review just happened to be written by a woman. We are not saying it was a shitty review just because it was written by a woman. We are saying it is shitty because it is actually shitty. 

• Like 3

A guy would have been ripped just as hard. She basically screams I have never liked Blink-182 and this will give me some clicks

In the same terms? Someone called her a slag, I don't know why her supposed promiscuity had to be brought into the equation. And that's mild compared to the other things said.

That review was terrible, but I do dislike the aggressive tone of some of the comments about the author. However, the misogyny comment she made was ridiculous and proves why modern feminism is stupid. The fact the she can recognize that they are jokes and decides to you use them to add to some "just cause for women's equality" is stupid. If there is actually discrimination in employment and income, then that's what feminists should be about.

• Like 1

That review was terrible, but I do dislike the aggressive tone of some of the comments about the author. However, the misogyny comment she made was ridiculous and proves why modern feminism is stupid. The fact the she can recognize that they are jokes and decides to you use them to add to some "just cause for women's equality" is stupid. If there is actually discrimination in employment and income, then that's what feminists should be about.

One comment made by one woman proves that modern feminism is stupid?

In the same terms? Someone called her a slag, I don't know why her supposed promiscuity had to be brought into the equation. And that's mild compared to the other things said.

Equally offensive names would have been used if it had been written by a guy. I guarantee it. I'm not defending the use of such terms, but the point is this isn't a gender issue. It's a bad review, regardless of who wrote it. The author is the one who brought feminism into the argument.

• Like 2

Equally offensive names would have been used if it had been written by a guy. I guarantee it. I'm not defending the use of such terms, but the point is this isn't a gender issue. It's a bad review, regardless of who wrote it. The author is the one who brought feminism into the argument.

Ding Ding

The author made an issue out of a complete non-issue. The whole article was completely unnecessary, and only written because she wanted to further some premeditated cause she had.

"Oh great, I get to review the blink show this weekend. Perfect time to plug my crusading for my fight against misogyny!"

It was just a stupid fuckin article.

• Like 2

It is a gender issue when the terms used are gender specific.

There is literally a blink-182 lyric that says "your mom's a whore." If you're so nitpicky about word choice, why are you even a fan of blink?

If a guy had written the review I'm sure people would be calling him a faggot. Again, not excusing the use of terms like that, but the author is absolutely not being singled out for being a woman.

• Like 1

Yeah but my point is if a guy had written it he'd be attacked with male-specific terms as well. Though there are not nearly as many male-specific offensive terms as there are for females, I'll give you that.

The point wasn't to offend her because she's a woman. The point was to offend her. Period. So, a word that would be guaranteed to offend was used. Looks like it worked.

Anyway I'm not gonna argue this further because I feel like I'm coming dangerously close to advocating actions I wholeheartedly disapprove of.

My final two cents are that the review sucked. The end.

• Like 1

There is literally a blink-182 lyric that says "your mom's a whore." If you're so nitpicky about word choice, why are you even a fan of blink?

If a guy had written the review I'm sure people would be calling him a faggot. Again, not excusing the use of terms like that, but the author is absolutely not being singled out for being a woman.

You don't have to like/agree with every line in a band's discography to be a fan.

And maybe it's worth considering who would really be insulted by the term "faggot". You insult straight men by using terms that call them gay or feminine (faggot, homo, bitch, cunt, etc.). Dick is pretty much the only exception.

• Like 1