The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Fucking hell, my rants were clearly a joke ffs. Saw an opportunity for a rant and went for it. Her sex hasn't got anything to do with it. She happened to be female so I took the piss, if she was Male then I would of thought about men shit to insult her with. Sex has got nothing to do with it. Was I serious with saying I hope she kicks her coffee table or I hope her toast falls butter side down? Of course I wasn't. I was trying to be comical. I don't care she slated blink. I slate blink all the time.

• Like 3

Choices. One of those "choices" is maternity leave. I don't know if unequal pay for completely equal workers is a thing, I've heard different people saying different things, but one thing is for sure; women fall behind on the job ladder because to have children they have to carry and give birth to that child. That's not really a life choice. 

Of course it's a life choice.

Well that's really lovely you guys but it's not really relevant to the argument unless you can grow a womb.

Maybe it's a life choice, but it's certainly not an equal one. If I want to have a child who is biologically mine I will have to take a couple of months off work, men can have children and not have their careers hindered. 

Fucking hell, my rants were clearly a joke ffs. Saw an opportunity for a rant and went for it. Her sex hasn't got anything to do with it. She happened to be female so I took the piss, if she was Male then I would of thought about men shit to insult her with. Sex has got nothing to do with it. Was I serious with saying I hope she kicks her coffee table or I hope her toast falls butter side down? Of course I wasn't. I was trying to be comical. I don't care she slated blink. I slate blink all the time.

Her sex obviously has everything to do with it since some of things you said were based on exactly that. I do realise you were joking but a joke can be offensive and that one was to me and obviously lot of other people on the board too. 

Well that's really lovely you guys but it's not really relevant to the argument unless you can grow a womb.

Maybe it's a life choice, but it's certainly not an equal one. If I want to have a child who is biologically mine I will have to take a couple of months off work, men can have children and not have their careers hindered. 

Look at it this way: If there's a divorce, the fact that the child has spent most of his/her time with the mother means that it's nearly always the woman who walks away with the child. How many women would be willing to switch roles?

Look at it this way: If there's a divorce, the fact that the child has spent most of his/her time with the mother means that it's nearly always the woman who walks away with the child. How many women would be willing to switch roles?

You realize you're just describing the other side of the same problem, right? Women are assumed to want to be mothers and to naturally be better care takers, so they (...we) face problems in employment/pay. The other side of the same coin is that men are thought to not be as competent/essential in child rearing, so they face issues in trying to get custody.

• Like 2