The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Honestly can ya'll take this to another fucking thread?

What thread? I don't think this has much to do with blink especially with more important things going on like the Reading show, but before there's another thread where should it be discussed?

Fucking hell, my rants were clearly a joke ffs. Saw an opportunity for a rant and went for it. Her sex hasn't got anything to do with it. She happened to be female so I took the piss, if she was Male then I would of thought about men shit to insult her with. Sex has got nothing to do with it. Was I serious with saying I hope she kicks her coffee table or I hope her toast falls butter side down? Of course I wasn't. I was trying to be comical. I don't care she slated blink. I slate blink all the time.

Would you be comfortable with someone calling a black person "Anti racist nigger" ? If so, what is the difference?

The thing about jokes is that sometimes they are meant to be offensive and if they offend people the purpose has been fulfilled. But sometimes it's hard to tell if something is a joke or not when the reaction to women writing these kinds of articles is always "go back to the kitchen, bitch" or "feminist whore" it kind of makes a self fulfilling prophesy when it comes to misogyny. And a big problem is that a lot of those articles are indeed stupid and are both pulling down feminism and they are bad for the arts, and I feel like someone writes a new article like that every day. But if the only arguments the authors get are sexist remarks that verify their articles the result will either be that they give up and stop expressing their opinions or that they see it as a sign that they are right. 

I'm not apologising

All that being said, I support Scott not apologizing for his joke, there are too many people making phony apologies to be liked and that's the last thing the world needs.

• Like 1

Look at it this way: If there's a divorce, the fact that the child has spent most of his/her time with the mother means that it's nearly always the woman who walks away with the child. How many women would be willing to switch roles?

We were discussing careers, I agree that this all ends up being beneficial for a mother in other ways but that doesn't change the fact that it hurts her career. Also, I'm not ignoring the fact that this inequality hurts the father too, just not his career.

What thread? I don't think this has much to do with blink especially with more important things going on like the Reading show, but before there's another thread where should it be discussed?

Would you be comfortable with someone calling a black person "Anti racist nigger" ? If so, what is the difference?

lol chill with the N word man.. twice in 2 posts. We got the point.