The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I very much feel that the epic intro to violence is Mark indulging Tom in his Avaish manners... LOVE IT

I've always said there is a time and a place for Tom's AVA-sound desires.  Asthenia was the first place it ever really shined, and arguably nothing greater from that sound has come to pass.  But I do love the little live things they do like in the outro for Down or the long intro for Violence, its moments like then, that I really like what Tom does with that sound.

• Like 1

Asthenia is just flange. Just because it isn't distortion the whole way through I wouldnt call it avaish

It was teh predecessor for all of AVA.  Hell the song starts with actual transmissions from a space ship to earth.  The song itself is about being up in space and not wanting to come back to earth.  Plenty of AVA is just flange, it definitely fits within the overall AVA sound, Albeit it is by far the best AVAish song there has been.

• Like 1