The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

from the latest interview

MTV: What’s going on with Blink? Is there new music on the way?

DeLonge: We’re just getting ready to start that journey. I was on the phone a bunch yesterday about all the logistics, how to put the record out, who it’s with. It’s happening. I told the fans a bit ago and they know it’s coming.

• Like 5

DeLonge: We’re just getting ready to start that journey. I was on the phone a bunch yesterday about all the logistics, how to put the record out, who it’s with. It’s happening. I told the fans a bit ago and they know it’s coming.

I still don't know that it's coming.

• Like 2

you know, up until new music comes out, i could care less about the promises they make or the things they say. i have plenty of other bands i listen to who actively care about the band they're in and etc. with all of that said, when a new blink song or album comes out it'll make me feel like a kid in a candy store. can't help it. there's just something about hearing these 3 guys on a song. its different then anything else

• Like 2

also from the same interview:

MTV: I read that you refer to one of the songs off the album, “Paralyzed†as being something for the punk rock fans, early Blink fans. Do you feel like there’s a lot of crossover between your two fan bases?

DeLonge: There is little crossover of course, but they’re pretty different audiences. Angels has spent so much time trying to be, pardon the pun, a little bit more dreamers. Trying to do things more artistically, a little more esoteric, and giving people the ability to jump in and digest versus the immediacy of Blink. Blink was always about ‘Turn it on. Turn it up loud. Remember when you were a kid and wanted to break something.’ 

why does he view it that way? blink stopped being the "punk rock ethos" band long before they broke up. it seems like he forgets untitled ever existed. is it odd that i hate 50% of AVA's output, but would appreciate the same level of "artistry" in blink? 

• Like 1

Producer confirmed?

also from the same interview:

why does he view it that way? blink stopped being the "punk rock ethos" band long before they broke up. it seems like he forgets untitled ever existed. is it odd that i hate 50% of AVA's output, but would appreciate the same level of "artistry" in blink? 

Furthermore, when was Bilnk ever that band?