The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Good post by supervic. I really feel like most of the hate tom gets for ava is that its preventing blink. They dont look at it objectively. They look at as tom from blink releasing music that doesnt sound like blink and they dont want that so theyre gonna not like it.

Also why wouldnt he say its his favourite song hes ever written? Its brand new, obviously hes going to be in love with it or else he probably wouldnt be putting it out

LOL

• Like 2

I love how he's too lazy to tour AVA because he's embarrassed they have to play club shows lol. Uses the excuse that they're not going to do that because "that's what normal bands do."

Yeah, Tom, normal bands do that because normal bands aren't funded by one of the biggest bands in the world selling holiday t-shirts every 3 weeks.

• Like 3

I love how he's too lazy to tour AVA because he's embarrassed they have to play club shows lol. Uses the excuse that they're not going to do that because "that's what normal bands do."

Yeah, Tom, normal bands do that because normal bands aren't funded by one of the biggest bands in the world selling holiday t-shirts every 3 weeks.

Well whatever, I'm all for him not wanting to tour AVA regardless of the reason.  It sounds like blink is finally about to get into motion with the new album.  Don't know how they'll approach it, would love if they followed through on those plans at the end of last year, and live and record in a house together again like they did for self titled.

• Like 1

I do like how the wreath t-shirt has an alien, octopus, and boombox in it to represent Tom, Mark, and Travis respectively.  That's a nice little touch, not gonna get that shirt though, but I like it (I have a christmas themed blink t-shirt that came with my Dogs Eating Dogs order a couple years back, I definitely do not need 2 christmas blink shirts lol)

In other news, Tom said that AVA wont be touring anytime soon.  It sounds like he has a big chunk of his time set aside for just blink in these next couple  months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p029nk7r

"we made a company called "To the Stars" which is essentially like Marvel."

Fuck off.

• Like 3

Okay seriously people...
Tom was super humble in the interview and people are still  just picking apart every fucking thing he says.
The exact quote is "Its kind of like Marvel"
Then he goes on to relate it to Marvel in the way that he has different mediums that co exist together like Marvel.

He was not comparing AVA the Marvel in a conceded way he was simply presenting the idea AVA had in a way people could understand easily and using Marvel as an example because its WELL KNOWN.

In the Interview he was also saying how much better a musician Ilan is than him and was giving everyone that helped all sorts of credit for everything.
When the interviewer hinted to him that his songs were good too he just blew it off even and stayed really cool about it.

I just dont get why people keep insisting Tom is egotistical. 
Is this ALL because of what happened when AVA first started?

Okay seriously people...

Tom was super humble in the interview and people are still  just picking apart every fucking thing he says.

The exact quote is "Its kind of like Marvel"

Then he goes on to relate it to Marvel in the way that he has different mediums that co exist together like Marvel.

He was not comparing AVA the Marvel in a conceded way he was simply presenting the idea AVA had in a way people could understand easily and using Marvel as an example because its WELL KNOWN.

In the Interview he was also saying how much better a musician Ilan is than him and was giving everyone that helped all sorts of credit for everything.

When the interviewer hinted to him that his songs were good too he just blew it off even and stayed really cool about it.

I just dont get why people keep insisting Tom is egotistical. 

Is this ALL because of what happened when AVA first started?

Dude... really?  I mean have you seen the numerous things he's said about his bands over the years?  Not just AVA, but even blink.  He has made grand statements about what he does for years, and it didn't stop when he got off his pain killers, that was a nice excuse, which might have been applicable to some of the things he said and did, but it certainly doesn't change the fact that even in the years since he has still made ridiculous statements about what he does.  No, its not nearly an ego like you'd see on Kanye West, but its there and it is prevalent.  Having said that, it doesn't really matter.  How over the top he may be about his music and the things he does, I always know to take his words with a grain of salt and then just appreciate the music for what it is.  It's a bit annoying because often he'll try and make you view the music a certain way, where if I never heard what he had to say about the music I might actually view it in and interpret it completely differently.  The dude just needs to cool out with the exaggeration and let his music and work speak for itself.

• Like 1