The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

lmao.

terrible graphics, terrible apparent plot, cringeworthy dialogue....it's a cocktail of shit! and that's just the trailer!

the only decent looking thing about it was the graphics of the city in the background, and i've been told that is an obvious ripoff of blade runner.

are you kidding me? i'm an immense fan of animation (and an animator myself) and this short looks downright great. anyone who knows anything about animation knows this. animation blogs have covered it with glee. especially when you consider that tom probably isnt paying the people behind this the highest salary (no one seems to know how expensive and time-consuming this process is), it's incredible. for a low-budget, independent project, this feels like a breakthrough.

i've disliked 50% of AVA's output (actually, i only really like WDNTW), and i think tom's a raging egomaniac, but this short has major potential. i don't have high hopes for the story, mostly because tom doesn't have much experience with these things. i'd love to be proven wrong, though. and the dialogue does feel forced, sometimes. but i was blown away when i saw the trailer for it. i'm very excited for this.

• Like 1

Can someone please show me all the proof that Tom is really all that egotistical?
I  have been a blink and angels fan for many years now and I hear people say it but I never really see the proof.
I mean yeah I have seen things where Tom says "THIS RECORD IS GONNA BLOW YOUR MIND"
Or whatever, but I think that just seems like him being excited about his music.
Usually when I hear him in interviews and stuff he seems pretty humble.
Like Im sure there is a bit of an ego there but its never come across to me as over the top or anything.

So weirdest thing I came across, I was again curious as to Mark's lyrics in the background of Violence (something I've seen a few times, but I always forget what is being said), and I found it again:

A certain look in your eyes, when you open your eyes. 

Who'll stand by your side? 

So watch my eyes, watch 'em turn while you go change. 

Curtains down. 

When all their skill was cut, and I bled. 

There were forces of John Jones. 

I can't make you happy. 

It seems all I ever do is try. 

You could never cut me deep enough to leave a scar. 

So take this gift. 

It's somethin' to save. 

So whatever, thats cool, you've probably seen that before.  But I wanted to find out who John Jones was.  So when I did a search in Google, I came across this:  http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jon-Jones-27944  There is a UFC fighter with the name Jon Jones (sadly Jon is spelled differently between the two), and his next fight is for UFC 182.  Now, I'm no fool, I know this actually means nothing, and its obviously not the John Jones being referred to in the song.  Even still, I just love finding weird coincidences like that in life.  Utterly pointless, but still makes you stop and think for a moment.

Are you sure it's not John Does?

Well I'll be interested to hear if you guys like it or not. Everyone I know that's seen the trailer thinks it's an LOL-fest.

I'm not being purposely anti-AVA here either. I was one of the only ones here who had anything complimentary to say about that Paralyzed song. I also think Wolfpack has an awesome chorus. They're both solid ideas ruined after being Delonged and AVA'd.

Just watched it again to make sure I'm not missing anything...

I mean I guess the graphics are okay if you're into that sort of thing. The voice overs sound lame as hell and the name "poet anderson" is bad enough to turn you off from the start.

How long is it supposed to be anyway? My guess is that it makes no sense and is an unwatchable cluster fuck like most of the things he's released with that band.

Are you sure it's not John Does?

I've got the sheet music book and the lyrics are printed in there. It says John Jones. I've been wondering about those lyrics for a long ass time as well. If I ever get to meet Mark that'll be one of the few things I bother asking him about.

Well, the trailer for tihs short movie looks good. I mean, good. But I remember how good were the images Tom put out way before the LOVE movie came out. Do you remember that epic CGI planes on the space shit with Valkyrie Missile and stuff? That was promising. Then, it turned out to be a total huge pile of boring shit. Some kind of reinterpretation of Kubrik's 2001, but on an emptier way, and under the story of the song Always.

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard for or against a movie or book.  Whether or not something is believable has Zero impact for me on how good the medium is.  If it did, then I'd have to say all the Harry Potter books and movies are garbage, as are Lord of The Rings, just about any cartoon involving a talking animal, The Simpsons, I could go on and on.  What garbage of an argument.  If you can only enjoy something because the concept has to be believable, then I feel bad for you.  And as cool of an idea LOVE was, it was executed horribly and was boring as shit.  This could be the most out there crazy weird unbelievable concept ever, but it could still be exciting as shit.

Okay, you don't call my arguments "garbage": I have made entire cultures disappear, so watch your mouth.

In any case, I disagree. While there are exceptions, believability is to me an important component. I can definitely enjoy fantasy but I still see them as fundamentally silly.

Meanwhile, other 'normal' bands tend to throw some club shows here and there. Foo Fighters, Green Day...

Tom is lost as hell.

To be fair, in the BBC interview there was a bit more context to him saying he didn't wanna play clubs. I think it's more that if they performed live now, he'd want to make it this big, artistic, fancy thing. With music playing, and animations on screens, dancer and a Bono look alike he can skip around stage with screaming about world peace and alien invasions, 

To be fair, in the BBC interview there was a bit more context to him saying he didn't wanna play clubs. I think it's more that if they performed live now, he'd want to make it this big, artistic, fancy thing. With music playing, and animations on screens, dancer and a Bono look alike he can skip around stage with screaming about world peace and alien invasions, 

haha. the chance of what he has envisioned actually happening is sooo sooo slim. he's been saying he wants to do that on AVA tours since the beginning.

step 1- write good songs. *fail

step 2- perform good live. *fail

step 3- have a big enough fan base to support an arena tour *see steps 1 and 2 **fail

prerequisite- have an actual band with enough members to perform live. *fail

• Like 3