The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

The best musician he's ever met who has never released a piece of important, popular, or influential music in his life!

Seems like a major fuck you to Travis too.  Travis has years and years of experience and proof very close to Tom that he is an amazing drummer.  Yet here comes this other drummer that has done nothing of importance and Tom says he's the best musician he's ever met in his life.

• Like 1

In the bridge part at like 2:20 or something, you can hear Mark talking in the background really quietly. At 2:34 you can hear it easiest

yup, you'll never actually be able to hear the lyrics (barring some sort of rock band/guitar hero revival and for some reason they choose to use the song Violence so that the main vocals can be removed), but you can hear mark quietly uttering something in the background.  It was only revealed through an official tab/chord book what the actual lyrics are that Mark is reciting.

Well it's unlikely to be Blink since it shots of Guitar.

Unless Mark is doing the old, I'll record the guitar while Tom is MIA. Which seems doubtful since they said they really have nothing even written yet.

Too little information is even being relayed to jump to any conclusion like that.  Maybe he's simply saying he's at work where there is a guitar, but he wont even be playing it.  It'd be no different than if he had taken a picture of a drum set.

Well it's unlikely to be Blink since it shots of Guitar.

Unless Mark is doing the old, I'll record the guitar while Tom is MIA. Which seems doubtful since they said they really have nothing even written yet.

Considering the amount of guitar Mark recorded on Neighborhoods wouldn't surprise me one bit, But with that said it's probably for his Nothing and Nobody band,

hasnt mark always written songs on guitar though? maybe he's demoing. or hell, maybe its NAN 

Also unless I've missed something, Tom said Ilan was the best musician he's worked with, not the best drummer. When he said it in the BBC interview he then went off on one about all the instruments Ilan can play. He's clearly just running on the assumption that playing more than one instrument makes you a great musician, regardless of how good or bad you are on some. To him Ilan is the Jack of all trades, master of all. Sadly it's most likely Jack of all trades, pretty decent at 1. 

mark: gonna take a picture of this here guitar to show the fans i'm working on new music!

*snaps photo*

mark: ...and upload! ah. well, time to get to work.

*hours pass as mark refreshes twitter, creating jokes and staring at his untouched guitar*

mark: good day, time to go home.

mark: gonna take a picture of this here guitar to show the fans i'm working on new music!

*snaps photo*

mark: ...and upload! ah. well, time to get to work.

*hours pass as mark refreshes twitter, creating jokes and staring at his untouched guitar*

mark: good day, time to go home.

*or making coffee*

http://instagram.com/p/u_pTmsNaeS/

i always thought mark wrote the rock show and dammit as a song, but main riff to both of them did Tom, too much his style. 

That's what I mean. Of course, the 'solos' are from Tom, but the main base and melody is from Mark. Both songs are written by him, although Tom put those arrangements.