The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Was skimming through the book (found it actually in a pile next to my bed) and Mark apparently has made an U-turn with respect to vegetables: "Vegetables. A waste of good plate space." (-Mark Hoppus, regarding foods he hates.) Now he's got a garden.

That's not surprising.  Many people weren't much of a fan of veggies when they were younger, but have a greater appreciation of them as they get older, even if they still don't like them, they understand the importance of them to your diet and staying healthy.

Was skimming through the book (found it actually in a pile next to my bed) and Mark apparently has made an U-turn with respect to vegetables: "Vegetables. A waste of good plate space." (-Mark Hoppus, regarding foods he hates.) Now he's got a garden.

Now he's got a garden and is a vegetarian. lol

And if Tom read that book today, he would just rant about teen angst and marginalize his existence prior to AVA.

• Like 4

Probably.

Sure friendships change and some are just not meant to last forever, but it still makes me kinda sad to see what they are like today, after reading the book that really made me feel again how much fun they had, how great that friendship once was and how much they loved what they were doing.

But oh well, at least blink is still around. Sort of. 

I think after 13 years of constantly being together, they were just burnt out on each other. It happens. I'm just glad they are on friendly terms again.

I mean at Reading they really started to look like a proper band again, but how often have we said that. I thought after the European shows in 2012 that they were becoming an actual band again but it didn't last. Same with the Untitled shows. 

The best was the "I break for boys" bumper sticker, and the cops kept pulling them over.

Or the van they had to gas up while it was running because they were afraid if they shut it off it wouldn't start again.

Reading through Tales From Beneath Your Mom and just came across this -

'That same night we had to talk Tom out of a tree and handcuff Rick Devoe to a chair. But that's another story completely'. 

I'd like to know what drugs those guys were on. 

Nah, late teens early 20's are amazing. Its right when you get the car and get freedom but are still young enough to have a good time. I did tons and tons of stupid crap like this and there were no drugs involved. Okay, maybe some alcohol though.

^ True, but when your in your early 20s, a rockstar with a lot of money, and that same appetite for fun and destruction, drugs are likely going to enter the equation at some point.  If I had to guess the drugs these guys have done, I'd say marijuana, LSD (Mark has confirmed he was slipped some in a drink he had unbeknownst to him, and thats what Fighiting The Gravity is about), pain killers (for sure for Tom), possibly cocaine, and possibly mushrooms.  I really can't imagine they have done anything more dangerous than all of that.

If they had a brain and Travis would fly, they would schedule the biggest damn concert of all time there and make a DVD out of it. They have so many fans in brazil, it really is bullshit they've never played there.

• Like 2

I've always thought that it would be cool if Mark and Tom travelled with Travis by cruise instead of flying places separately. Surely they could get a boat to Brazil?

the same cruise he took to Europe, Queen Mary 2, also stop in South America http://www.queenmarycruises.net/queen-mary-2-schedule/

is really sad that they never have been here in Chile or other country down here.