The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

22 days into the year? 

BIG SURPRISE GUYS!!!! Who cares, man, Find a new band to listen to lol.

He was being sarcastic. And blink said they would be recording mid January, that's why he posted that.

yeah they've said a few times mid january they were starting. but anyway if you've seen any of my posts in here you would know that i really could give a fuck about this lack of a band until i have a new album on my computer. they've teased us enough for years, i'm very over it. i listen to plenty of other bands that actually care and put everything they have into their band.

just wanted to point out that they yet again publicly announced they were doing something and bailed again

• Like 1

Its certainly annoying, but I don't care nearly as much as I did in 2005 when my hopes of a new album were squashed.  I beleive in time, we'll get another album, and if we don't, meh, we got Neighborhoods which was fine, but not nearly as awesome as self titled, and Dogs Eating Dogs was pretty sweet, I'd certainly love a full album like that, but I'm just not hanging on baited breath with this band like I used to, because I don't feel like they're ever going to do something as radically different than their past work like self titled was.  In 2005, I think I thought that was a very strong possibility, and thats what made the breakup suck so damn much.  I love blink, they'll always be my favorite band, but there are so many more things that I'm much more anxiously awaiting, that I know for sure are coming and roughly when they will come at that.

• Like 3

Bennett, you keep popping up from time to time proclaiming 'I DON'T CARE ANYMORE' to the point that makes me think you reallllllly do care.

unfortunately i really dont care about the mess of a band they've created. i dont live and die on news that they're planning to record or whatever else they say like i might have in 2003. honestly wouldn't phase me if they came out and called it quits tomorrow. but i do keep up to date on the news and everything though. blink is the reason i care so much about music in the first place. and if they do ever record an album ill listen to it nonstop. 

• Like 1

Its certainly annoying, but I don't care nearly as much as I did in 2005 when my hopes of a new album were squashed.  I beleive in time, we'll get another album, and if we don't, meh, we got Neighborhoods which was fine, but not nearly as awesome as self titled, and Dogs Eating Dogs was pretty sweet, I'd certainly love a full album like that, but I'm just not hanging on baited breath with this band like I used to, because I don't feel like they're ever going to do something as radically different than their past work like self titled was.  In 2005, I think I thought that was a very strong possibility, and thats what made the breakup suck so damn much.  I love blink, they'll always be my favorite band, but there are so many more things that I'm much more anxiously awaiting, that I know for sure are coming and roughly when they will come at that.

Wow, I totally forgot that I felt the same way after self titled...

especially after hearing AVA for the first time I was just like fuck...this stuff would have sounded much better with mark and travis.

I do wonder what blink would have sounded like had they continued back then...I do think dogs eating dogs is a decent representation.

This is purely speculation but wouldn't it be interesting if the reason Tom "rips off" his own song ideas from ava and puts them in blink is because that's the direction he wanted to take blink in anyways and is sometimes split between which band to use a specific idea for.

• Like 1

I've thought a bit about what Blink could've been had they released another record in 2005/06. If you think about the certain factors that would've played in, they truly might've exploded in terms of furthering their credibility with a mature audience. Specifically, Jerry Finn producing it, Tom's voice and lyrical content/minimal synth work, band songwriting chemistry (even if they hated each other), and also their marketability (they were still young when they broke up). Maybe in a different universe.

• Like 1

I used to get sad listening to Not Now and thinking about how amazing it would have been if blink would have continued writing music that was heading in that direction. At the same time, I thought Not Now was like the perfect song to end blink's legacy with. Before the reunion, Not Now was basically the end (I know it was written and recorded with the untitled album but still) and I thought it was a great high point to end on. Don't get me wrong, I wanted blink to get back together, but I don't think they could have said goodbye with a better song.

• Like 3