The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

^that's as good as you're gonna get man. Best blink video ever imo

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXjIzDUV3Ig

sweet jesus, listen to this. blink is over for good. mark is only as good as is he while sucking tom's wang. blink is over. god damn this is hard to deal with.

All we're getting from now on in is a bunch of fucking terrible tom demos and a a bunch of +44 songs. Mourn with me fellas

^that's as good as you're gonna get man. Best blink video ever imo

sweet jesus, listen to this. blink is over for good. mark is only as good as is he while sucking tom's wang. blink is over. god damn this is hard to deal with.

All we're getting from now on in is a bunch of fucking terrible tom demos and a a bunch of +44 songs. Mourn with me fellas

Why would we mourn?  With the likes of Skiba in the band, this band may have a shot at legitimately becoming the widespread success it was always meant to be.  If anything, we should be celebrating! I always loved that fan typography video for Online Songs, its very impressive and kind of crazy how you can see the creator getting better at what it is that he is doing as the video goes on.

I know it doesn't compare, but check out my fan made video fro Reckless Abandon I did years ago when I first entered college, its stupid, silly, the pacing isn't right, but god dammit if I still don't enjoy it, especially for the ending:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXbulbr8bvM

Wow, mate. So... it's prety obvious that you know nothing about drummers, rythm patterns or stuff like that, and how a drummer can be VERY noticeable in terms of composition.

I get the point if you're talking about a drummer as a less recognizeable person in a band. I mean, is not a voice. So if you replace a guy for another one who uses the same drumset and plays what he has learned about the old one, yeah: there's no difference -well, there is, but is not huge-. But man, to say that drummers can be replaced from a band like if there's nothing more about it... well.

That just speaks by itself.

You're totally right. I think drummers are replaceable because I know nothing about drums and pay less attention to the drums than any other instrument in music. If I was actually a drummer I'm sure I would feel differently. But since I'm not, I don't really notice or care when a drummer gets replaced.

I mean, there is a noticeable different between how Scott and Travis play the drums. There was a noticeable difference between LP and the guy from Anberlin who filled in for him on the last Yellowcard album. But it's not noticeable enough (to me) to drastically effect how the band sounds.

But yeah, I think what you're saying really is a big reason for why I think like this. I really don't know much about drums.

You should learn about them some.   I mean they take up like a 3rd or 4th of almost every band out there.  Might as well learn about them.  I don't honestly know much about playing drums personally, like I can't sit at a kit and whack away, but I know enough about techniques and styles and stuff.  It's an awesome subject to learn about.

Well, I sold myself short a little. I do know a little bit about drumming. Just not a lot. I took drum lessons for like a month in high school. It was only a month so basically I still can't play a single thing on the drums. I used to program electronic drums for my old band in high school. I'm not entirely clueless when it comes to drums, but I don't know a whole lot about them. The main thing is that when I listen to a band the drums are usually the instrument I pay least attention to. Some drum parts really stand out to me though. I think my favorite part about the outro to "Down" is the drumming.

Yeah, Online Songs is great.

I'm totally obsessed with Kaleidoscope these days. Best blink song post 2004 IMO.

If only the guitars were heavier sounding in the chorus! A shame really, it doesn't realise its full potential because of that. Would have been up there with the best in the blink canon. You're right though, one of the best post 2004 songs easy. 

Why would we mourn?  With the likes of Skiba in the band, this band may have a shot at legitimately becoming the widespread success it was always meant to be.  If anything, we should be celebrating! I always loved that fan typography video for Online Songs, its very impressive and kind of crazy how you can see the creator getting better at what it is that he is doing as the video goes on.

I know it doesn't compare, but check out my fan made video fro Reckless Abandon I did years ago when I first entered college, its stupid, silly, the pacing isn't right, but god dammit if I still don't enjoy it, especially for the ending:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXbulbr8bvM

I know you're excited Mike, but the odds are heavily stacked against them in this regard. A band of this age, in this musical climate where pop absolutely dominates everything, is unlikely to make any noise in the mainstream. The only way they would do this was if they wrote amazing songs with hit potential all over it, and Mark hasn't been able to do this since Untitled really. 

• Like 1

Well, I sold myself short a little. I do know a little bit about drumming. Just not a lot. I took drum lessons for like a month in high school. It was only a month so basically I still can't play a single thing on the drums. I used to program electronic drums for my old band in high school. I'm not entirely clueless when it comes to drums, but I don't know a whole lot about them. The main thing is that when I listen to a band the drums are usually the instrument I pay least attention to. Some drum parts really stand out to me though. I think my favorite part about the outro to "Down" is the drumming.

Fair enough. :]  I learned a lot about drums when I got into metal because I was always following that double bass and those blast beats.  Such boring techniques now that I look back, but those two things were like everything to me in drums for awhile.  I'm glad I started paying more attention to different rhythms and things though, much cooler when you have variation.