The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

That line sucks but it's not as cringe-worthy as some of his other recent work in blink-182. For example (and don't get me wrong, this is a song I actually really like, I just hate this line) in This Is Home, I hate the line "We fucking fight like vagabonds / We dance like fucking animals." Ever since the very first time I listened to the album until today, hearing that makes me cringe. It's like Tom couldn't think of enough syllables to fill the melody with so he just threw in "fucking" twice to take up space. I think it sounds lazy as hell and I can't stand it.

That being said, I think This Is Home is a great song overall. Super catchy.

That line sucks but it's not as cringe-worthy as some of his other recent work in blink-182. For example (and don't get me wrong, this is a song I actually really like, I just hate this line) in This Is Home, I hate the line "We fucking fight like vagabonds / We dance like fucking animals." Ever since the very first time I listened to the album until today, hearing that makes me cringe. It's like Tom couldn't think of enough syllables to fill the melody with so he just threw in "fucking" twice to take up space. I think it sounds lazy as hell and I can't stand it.

For the most part I like the verses in This Is Home, but for me the song is ruined by the "uh-uh-I, uh-uh-I" lines in the chorus, for very similar reasons that you don't like the word Fucking in that song.  It sounds like an AAA type of "yo oh oh" line, and frankly just seems to be there because Tom couldn't think of any actual lines to put in its place, it sounds odd and cringe, and honestly for me, totally ruins the song considering its in every chorus.  By far my least favorite song they released post-reunion.

• Like 1

Haha. While we're talking about This Is Home, in the chorus it always sounds to me like Mark randomly sings some of the words and Tom finishes it... uhh... let me try to explain... Here's the chorus:

I-I-I, I-I-I, I-I-I hope 
Do you wanna let go 
o-o-o, o-o-o 
Do you wanna this time

The "do you" always sounds like Mark's voice to me, and the rest sounds like Tom. Am I the only one who thinks that?

And yeah I agree with Ghent. Even though I nitpicked that fucking vagabonds line, I think This Is Home is great.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I actually think the stuttering is super catchy, and different enough from his YOHWAYOHWAYOHWAYOH (direct quote from the I-Empire lyrics booklet) stuff to not sound AVA-ish. I agree that if he started stuttering in all his songs I'd hate it, but I think it works in This Is Home.

• Like 1

I agree those lyrics fucking suck, and sound like something selena gomez would sing

Mark is live streaming right now! You need to login with Twitter to watch it though.

http://meerkatapp.co/markhoppus/9e476a15-70ec-409d-807d-6eb846718142

He's answering questions and just re-confirmed that the +44 show rumors aren't true.

Edit: the stream just ended. I think he's having some problems with it. Should be back soon hopefully.

Yeah I hope it comes back. He had literally just told people he would answer their questions when the video cut out.

EDIT: He's back! He's live streaming the food in his kitchen. Haha. "I'm hosting a live stream of a pineapple in my kitchen"

In my web browser I can't see most of the video but I downloaded the Meerkat app on my iPhone and I can see the whole thing.