The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Even someone pointed that out in the AvA Movement headquarters. And I'm starting to think that there's something going on with Tom, beyond being egoistic or whatever.He kinda refused to play live again, he messed up blink and AvA. I mean...

Even someone pointed that out in the AvA Movement headquarters. And I'm starting to think that there's something going on with Tom, beyond being egoistic or whatever.He kinda refused to play live again, he messed up blink and AvA. I mean...

Maybe he saw one of his performances ;-)

• Like 1

I genuinely don't think Matt sounded any better than Tom, in fact I prefer the Reading video by far. The only thing is Tom's guitar tone, which is almost inexcusable. If you're headlining one of the biggest festivals there is, your guitar has to bring it.

Once again, a lot of times Matt hit the vocals just right, and we all agree it sounded great.  For some, more distinctly Tom-songs, Matt's voice hit like taking a swig of vodka when you think it's water.  I would still much rather have the vodka, but expecting water makes the experience abrasive. 

Matt will improve, and our ears will get used to Matt, just like they tried to get used to the artist formerly known as Tom Delonge. 

Most importantly though, I think if blink is going to move on with Skiba, they need to pump out some new music.  Right now it's like Matt is doing covers, but if the set could be 1/4 or 1/3rd new songs, it would feel more natural, and establish the new blink.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely not a 'Tombot'.

Matt's vocal on Violence weren't good, especially at the bridge and some of the chorus'. His everything else was fine, but I don't think his vocals sounded good. Tom's vocals in the verses and at the end I preferred.

I wasn't praising Tom for being amazing, just saying Matt wasn't better. 

I'm genuinely not a 'Tombot'.

Matt's vocal on Violence weren't good, especially at the bridge and some of the chorus'. His everything else was fine, but I don't think his vocals sounded good. Tom's vocals in the verses and at the end I preferred.

I wasn't praising Tom for being amazing, just saying Matt wasn't better. 

Tom absolutely, completely, totally butchered Violence every time he played it. If you think Tom sounded good on violence then your credibility is lost with me.

• Like 4

I just went back and listened to Violence to make sure I agreed with what I said, and I for sure do.  I actually think Matt sounded quite like the album recording on that one.  I also love how he sang the echoed parts and whatnot, which he did throughout the whole set.  Him and Mark did a great job capturing the sound on the weird bridge part, and I love where Matt repeated "like Violence" and jumped straight into the final chorus. 

I don't see how anyone has anything to complain about, especially considering we don't have good quality audio.  I'd like to hear more from people who were there.

Once again, a lot of times Matt hit the vocals just right, and we all agree it sounded great.  For some, more distinctly Tom-songs, Matt's voice hit like taking a swig of vodka when you think it's water.  I would still much rather have the vodka, but expecting water makes the experience abrasive. 

Matt will improve, and our ears will get used to Matt, just like they tried to get used to the artist formerly known as Tom Delonge

Most importantly though, I think if blink is going to move on with Skiba, they need to pump out some new music.  Right now it's like Matt is doing covers, but if the set could be 1/4 or 1/3rd new songs, it would feel more natural, and establish the new blink.

I hope this was a deliberate Prince reference. If so, good one hahaha.  

• Like 1

The only song that doesn't work with Matt is First Date. But I'm honest, I can't stand this song anymore.

Lol at the guy who thinks Tom was spot on at the Reading festival. It wasn't that bad than other gigs, but it was still

kinda pain for my ears. And that guitar sound, omg... This is Guitar-blasphemy.

• Like 1