The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

as much as i don't want tom to ruin blink anymore, i just don't feel that blink can work with a different singer-guitarist. skiba did great blink tribute shows but i wasn't really impressed with it, it felt forced and unnatural (because it was a tribute). the past years with tom it also felt forced and unnatural, but at least we had valid expectations (even if he never met them). with skiba (or anything else) fans cannot expect anything at the shows but a tribute band.

if they ever record a new album with a new member, that will change some things, but the old songs won't get "real". so after all this, i'd rather have a good +44 which plays random blink songs. that would be more legit than turning blink-182 into a parody of itself, again.

tom's new solo songs are awful, so if this is what he calls creativity, i'm glad he does it on the outside... but it's sad that tom makes this whole thing this uncomfortable: i don't want to listen to his current music because it's trash, and i don't want to listen to his old songs sung by someone else because tom's blink songs without tom are not blink songs, just some uninteresting karaoke.

I see where you are coming from but honestly as some one who actually attended Musink I can say that I want to be able to go to a show and see some version of Blink 182 play all Blink 182 songs. Being there was amazing and was 10x better than the last blink shows I went to with Tom (the untitled shows in LA) 

I went with two of my best friends who also love blink we hung out at the festival and then at night watched Blink play and it was amazing. So much energy from the band and crowd. Matt actually sings all the harmonies spot on during Mark's songs and vice versa which sounded really cool and has never been done by Tom before ever. 

I think Blink is bigger than JUST the members individually. It's the songs and most importantly the fans that keep Blink 182 alive. Hell... The fans were singing louder than Matt and Mark at the show anyways. Blink 182 is a movement and I think It's great that we can still see Mark and Travis play the soundtrack to our youth for a little longer. They helped define a generation. I loved seeing blink with Tom but I gotta say I was blown away with Blink + Matt. Everything was spot on and huge sounding and I had a killer time.  

So who cares? Let them and the people who want to go see it have fun. Let Tom go be weird / washed up. TBS changed their 2nd singer a few times and I actually enjoyed Fred MORE than John at the shows. 

Watching those Youtube videos does not really do the show justice... Everyone sounds like shit on those. If you have a chance go to a show and experience the new line up first hand. I promise It's a great experience and a rad time. 

• Like 3

LOL. I always wondered if Mark had creepy fans of the same level as Tom. Looking at that guy's page, he really is like the Mark version of Leo. So creepy. Also upsetting that like Oliver said, nobody gives him shit for it because he's trying to be Mark instead of Tom. It's just as weird for crying out loud.

Thing is, it doesn't take the same level of commitment to be Mark's doppelganger as he isn't nearly as tattooed nor does one have to change their voice to be so whiny. It's creepy for sure, but not even on the same level as Leo creepy.

And there definitely was a Travisbot which is probably the creepiest because of how many tattoos the guy had to get.