The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

has anyone actually ever WATCHED meet the barkers? i watched the first episode for a few minutes and it's insufferable. i think back to the clip of travis recording lines for the simpsons in 2002 and he's too shy and can't get out of himself, and then two years later filming meet the barkers he's playing it up for the camera. it's annoying. the whole thing is just terrible. i can honestly 100% see why tom wanted nothing to do with that.

I found the first two episodes online years ago but could never find anything past that. I'd like to watch the entire show, I just don't know how.

But I do remember (it was years ago, so it's a little foggy) that he and his wife pissed me off. I actually think those two episodes I watched are part of the reason that I thought of Travis in sort of a negative light for years and years.

I still think Shanna is absolutely insane. Years ago she had a fucking divorce party and this was her cake:

Divorce+Parties.jpg

425.moakler.shanna.110606.jpg

"Hey everyone! I'm getting divorced so let's have a huge party and I'll pretend to murder my ex-husband on my cake lol"

Look at that fucking smile on her face as she's stabbing Travis. It's straight out of a +44 song: you smile while you're twisting the knife in my stomach.

Disgusting.

If Travis wants to be part of that vain Hollywood shit, so be it - as long as it doesn't affect the music.

That would be rad if MMT are already demoing.  That way Mark can work on LEGIT COLLABORATED DEMOS while Matt is away, and they can get right to it when Matt's done.

As for the touring issue, I think that lifestyle is the best thing ever for some people, and some people wouldn't want it.  I've never done a music tour, but I have spent most of the past 5 years traveling the world - often being in a different place every night.  I fucking love it.  I think Travis and Mark do to, and they can be with their families at this point and not have to sacrifice comfort.

If Tom genuinely doesn't want to tour, that's yet another reason he shouldn't be in blink.  Hopefully Matt enjoys road life, and I suspect he does.

I found the first two episodes online years ago but could never find anything past that. I'd like to watch the entire show, I just don't know how.

But I do remember (it was years ago, so it's a little foggy) that he and his wife pissed me off. I actually think those two episodes I watched are part of the reason that I thought of Travis in sort of a negative light for years and years.

I still think Shanna is absolutely insane. Years ago she had a fucking divorce party and this was her cake:

Divorce+Parties.jpg

"Hey everyone! I'm getting divorced so let's have a huge party and I'll pretend to murder my ex-husband on my cake lol"

Look at that fucking smile on her face as she's stabbing Travis. It's straight out of a +44 song: you smile while you're twisting the knife in my stomach.

Disgusting.

I bet she is INSANE in bed.

The crazy ones always are. 

• Like 1

Ghent is new Oliver lol

Ghent is right though.

We got a guy here who sits next to me who is going to Afghanistan for 6 months. Will work 6 days a week 12 hours a day. Has a wife and 3 kids he won't see.

Will be confined to a military base for those 6 months.

So yeah, rockstar touring. Gimme a break. Most people would kill to do that. I won't deny that there is work involved with it, and I am sure there is homesickness. But compared to what the average american has to do.....Hard?

You got to be kidding me.

• Like 5

That's how I feel too. Of course Matt's lifelong work should be most important to him, but I think getting Blink back on solid ground quickly is really important too. In a perfect world, they'd announce he was in the band and plan to record a new album when the Alkaline Trio tour is over. Get that album recorded, released, and tour, then he can take the next year to do an Alkaline Trio album. They're in a much less rocky place than Blink, so they can probably withstand the wait more than Blink can.

I'm gonna make the girlfriend comparison again.

When you finish a problematic relationship, and you're not going crazy, just learning about it on a mature side, you usually don't want to hurry up on do the next move.

- Blink fired Tom = end up a relationship.

- Blink plays some shows with Skiba = starting to date a new person.

After a few dates, you just don't stop everything in your life in order to marry him or her. In a mature way to do the things, you try to set the best scenario without denying all your surroundings. Even if you think that his new person is going to fit you perfectly well.

I think blink and Matt are on this period. They know the things look really good. They work as a team of musicians, but they just have to set some things up, end up some commitments, and see how to set up a new scenario.

To me, all this thing is a good, good signal. Do you think that, after being swallowing tons of shit the last 10 years, they are on a hurry? No way. I'm sure they have a goal on their minds album and tour) but is not important if they just take a month more or less on make some decissions. I bet we will know something before july or so. If The Sekrets are not going to tour on a massive way (which they never did), it's very likely blink can be announcing some plans after the release of "Kuts".

Divorce+Parties.jpg

Disgusting.

Would love to sling one up her bumhole tbh.

I'm gonna make the girlfriend comparison again.

When you finish a problematic relationship, and you're not going crazy, just learning about it on a mature side, you usually don't want to hurry up on do the next move.

- Blink fired Tom = end up a relationship.

- Blink plays some shows with Skiba = starting to date a new person.

After a few dates, you just don't stop everything in your life in order to marry him or her. In a mature way to do the things, you try to set the best scenario without denying all your surroundings. Even if you think that his new person is going to fit you perfectly well.

I think blink and Matt are on this period. They know the things look really good. They work as a team of musicians, but they just have to set some things up, end up some commitments, and see how to set up a new scenario.

To me, all this thing is a good, good signal. Do you think that, after being swallowing tons of shit the last 10 years, they are on a hurry? No way. I'm sure they have a goal on their minds album and tour) but is not important if they just take a month more or less on make some decissions. I bet we will know something before july or so. If The Sekrets are not going to tour on a massive way (which they never did), it's very likely blink can be announcing some plans after the release of "Kuts".

He just said in an interview he's probably not touring his solo shit at all. 

Fuck off Ghost.

You are obsessed with cornering me into opinions just because you are some kind of Alkaline Trio fanboy and get butt hurt at the thought of blink doing anything before they do. 

All I have seen is one interview from awhile back where Derek says they might do an album later this year. Has nothing to do with blink and was probably conducted before Matt started playing with blink anyway.

If anyone in Alkaline has confirmed an album will be recorded this year, link me. 

Calm down, baby. Everything is fine. You just need to sit down, get out to have an ice cream an enjoy life. Too stressed, man.

I'm not obsessed. You just tend to go on the "alkaline trio fanboy" argument when I -or someone else- present you my arguments, which are pretty reasonable. The only one who gets hurt everytime someone says that Matt is going to keep Alkaline Trio running, is you. The only one who shows an obsessive argument with the money and fame thing -as if it was the only think involved in all this-, is you. You go on a panic mode which responds to a blinkfanboy state of mind if someone suggests that Matt, probably, is not going to left all behind for blink. You are just making your hopes like if they were the one and only option, and just go crying when they're not like you though they hould be. But hey, blame me. I don't care. I'm okay, and I don't blame you. Are you ok with yourself?

The point here is that you don't read. They didn't confirmed dates, man. I said it several times. They said they have plans and they've been talking about a new album. Is on their regular way to go as band. As soon as I have time, I'll go on a little search, but there's no need for it. Google is your friend. I'm prety sure Derek wasn't the only one who said that. Anyways, that's not the matter. The mistake you're constantly making is to think that people (Matt) just leave everything for money and what not. And that's what I'm arguing with you in several forms.

He just said in an interview he's probably not touring his solo shit at all. 

I know it, smart-ass.

Yeah, fuck off :).