The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Are we reading the same comments? Just about everyone here seems to agree that is a decent song. I think you're letting preconceived notions about these boards influence what you think we're saying about the album. The preconceived notion is that our board hates all things Tom does outside of blink (and BCR). But the fact of the matter is, we're all actually being very honest here, most of us like Endless Summer, and most of us like the instrumentation of Golden a Showers but hate the lyrics. And most of us find little if anything else to enjoy on the rest of the album. If we all truly did hate on Tom without giving his new music a chance, we all wouldn't have listened to the songs and we all wouldn't be pointing out the few things we like on the album.

Yeh I do think people on here think we are all tom haters but to be honest..if he released some really good albums I wouldn't give a shit what else he does.

The fact he's left blink and is releasing half assed songs is what's pissing me off.

All the tombots seen to conveniently forget he promised us a new blink album for 2 years and as early as December 2014...but mark and Travis are apparently the bad guys...hmmm..

Let's say, for the sake of argument, Skiba is in the band; do you guys think it will bring back some of the levity Blink had once? Skiba is a fun guy and it's clear he has a bit of the same "potty humor" I think we can expect a fun record if one were to come.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, Skiba is in the band; do you guys think it will bring back some of the levity Blink had once? Skiba is a fun guy and it's clear he has a bit of the same "potty humor" I think we can expect a fun record if one were to come.

I would expect a fun album, probably no potty humor or anything because Mark is too dad status now. But I wouldn't be opposed to it

I don't expect or really want "potty humor" from them anymore, but I definitely want and expect a much brighter sound that brings back more of their fun side. I think Mark and Travis probably feel such a huge relief right now that will make those types of songs seem easy again. I'd honestly be kinda bummed if a Mark/Travis/Matt album kept going in a dark direction. Fast fun energetic music is what I'd love to hear from Blink at this point.

And I don't even mean a throwback pop punk album. I hope they keep pushing themselves creatively and experimenting with instrumentation and stuff, but they've had such a cloud over their heads since Untitled that I think the next step is an album that's more of a celebration that Blink is still alive after all that's happened.

• Like 2