The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Did they get it?

yup.

Im extremely curious how some of you got into blink way late when they weren't in their peak.

i mean, i guess i was. i think i'm a little younger than most people on here. i loved ATST on the radio as a kid, and WMAA too. it wasn't until a friend of mine re-introduced them to me when i was 15 (2008) that i dived headfirst into blink fandom. it only got worse in the two years after that, and i'm still just as in love with them today as i was 7 years ago. blink, like, does something to my brain. it's like crack. i can listen to it at any time, even though i've heard each song literally probably tens of thousands of times.

I got big into blink when TOYPAJ came out. Found them out when i got NOW 3 lol. Ive for the most part grown out of them, but almost anything pre 2005 i can put on at anytime, never feel like skipping a blink song. Idk if its the memories that go along with the songs or what, but they don't get old. I remember joining this forum idk I think 04, and here I am still checkin back to see whats up with this stupid band lol

I want to say that I got into blink around 2010-2011ish, judging by when I registered here. I had WMAA on my mp3 so I was somewhat familiar with them. I was watching Loaded (or whatever show that played their videos and talked about their history), which was featuring blink-182 on FuseTv and the host mentioned AVA. I don't know why but I searched for them on Youtube one day and remember being in awe of what I heard, which was The Adventure, Start the Machine, Call to Arms, etc. I look back and laugh now but back then I thought it was so fresh.

After some time I looked into blink's discography after exhausting AVA's and I soon wanted to hear more. I remember thinking that Feeling This was such a odd sounding song, mainly because of Tom's vocals. My interest grew and grew and now I guess I would call myself a fanboy lol. So yeah I got into them pretty late and after digging AVA first. :grin:

Edi: Now I want to say it was around 2008-2009 because I got into them a few years before I graduated (2011) and before Neighborhoods was released. So yeah, around then.

• Like 1

I got big into blink when TOYPAJ came out. Found them out when i got NOW 3 lol. Ive for the most part grown out of them, but almost anything pre 2005 i can put on at anytime, never feel like skipping a blink song. Idk if its the memories that go along with the songs or what, but they don't get old. I remember joining this forum idk I think 04, and here I am still checkin back to see whats up with this stupid band lol

Haha nice man! Are you in the know of what has transpired recently (with blink)?

I got into them right before the reunion around 2009. My guitar teacher told me to listen to them so i looked them up. At first i actually thought they were gay haha but when i heard more songs i couldn't stop listening. And then they had this great immature humour it was just perfect. This band really changed my life haha

I'm still in awe of how blink earned hardcore fans so late...

I was 9-10 (1999-2000) when I got into blink. My favorite artist at the time was Enrique Iglesias, but as a casual fan. I didn't identify myself in which genre of music was my favorite. I wasn't into music at that age (other than 2 Enrique Iglesias songs).

My neighbor introduced me to Enema of the State & I instantly loved it. The sound, the catchiness, the jokes, the image they portrayed, everything. Since then, they have been my favorite band.

I got into blink right around the time We Don't Need to Whisper came out. Maybe a little before then. I heard "I Miss You" and really liked it, so I bought blink's Greatest Hits (believe it or not, that was actually my first blink album) and I loved it, so I went out and bought their entire discography after that. All at once actually. I've never done that with any band before, or since. I got into all eras of blink at once, along with Angels and Airwaves, Box Car, and a few months later +44 when their album came out.

Weird fact: I didn't mean to, but I accidentally bought the clean version of Greatest Hits. Dammit was edited, The Rock Show was edited, but Feeling This still said "fuck" in it. I don't know how they missed that one. Haha.

My first album was TOYPAJ and I bought it in November 2001. After that I bought a new Blink album/thing each month: December(for XMas): Enema, January: Stay together for the kids, February: Cheshire cat, March: Urethra chronicles, April: Dude ranch and Maximum Blink and a hoodie, May: Buddha and BCR in June, As well as Adam's song in July. I got all that in half a year, and it's weird how quick half a year passes now. But back then it was so exciting and didn't pass as fast.

I feel like I've written this post millions of times. But that first part of 2002 makes nostalgic as hell.