The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Damn, I live next door to the electric ballroom now, very cool to see.

I love Camden, I went there when I was 13 just to see the Electric Ballroom because Blink had played there. And my folks took lots of pictures of me outside of it. Now I go to Camden each time I'm in London.

i just realized that oasis had not 2 but 3 hits! and 3 other songs people may know. but those weren't hits...

- wonderwall

- don't look back in anger

- little by little

+ stop crying your heart out

+ supersonic

+ stand by me

Blink have sold 35 million records worldwide. Oasis have sold 77 million, including 8 UK number one singles and 8 UK number one albums. Probably the most prolific one hit wonderwalls ever! Would still rather listen to almost anything blink ever released, but those figures surely have to put this debate to bed.

Now that the Brits have been stirred out of their cottages, I have a question to ask:

How is/ has Placebo been perceived in England? In the US, they hardly exist, but I get the feeling they are/ were huge over there. I personally really enjoy some of their songs, and other times I find them insufferably annoying. I mainly want to have sex with Brian Molko though. Could any of you make that happen maybe?

I know when I'm looking for current and relevant media, I look to the Welsh.

Do you think I care? I'm British you fool. Wales is like a state in the UK. I've made it simple for you.

Now that the Brits have been stirred out of their cottages, I have a question to ask:

How is/ has Placebo been perceived in England? In the US, they hardly exist, but I get the feeling they are/ were huge over there. I personally really enjoy some of their songs, and other times I find them insufferably annoying. I mainly want to have sex with Brian Molko though. Could any of you make that happen maybe?

Honestly have no idea, personally I like them, I don't buy their albums or anything but they're a good band. I don't know if they were huge here, maybe a bit before my time, weren't they popular during the 90s? It's before my time really,

my gran has a cottage. It's lovely.

There is like 3 million people in Wales...

...also I certainly wouldn't look to any media you share, those podcasts you posted were about as funny as aids.

I am but one American of many. Perhaps my tastes mean nothing to you, perhaps all American media is garbage to you, that really doesn't matter, my point still stands, I've not found a single piece of Welsh media that is even remotely appealing to myself. Don't take that personally, it's just the fact of the matter.

I am but one American of many. Perhaps my tastes mean nothing to you, perhaps all American media is garbage to you, that really doesn't matter, my point still stands, I've not found a single piece of Welsh media that is even remotely appealing to myself. Don't take that personally, it's just the fact of the matter.

It's not meant to be appealing to you because a lot of it is in Welsh you thick cunt. Are you comparing the U.S. to a nation of 3m? Seriously? Also why would he take that personally when he's English. See you haven't a clue have you.

• Like 1

It's not meant to be appealing to you because a lot of it is in Welsh you thick cunt. Are you comparing the U.S. to a nation of 3m? Seriously? Also why would he take that personally when he's English. See you haven't a clue have you.

Wow, why are you taking it personally? It's not an attack on you. I only thought he was taking it personally because he seemed so angry in that first post over literally nothing mind you.

Because you're absolutely clueless. Why would Welsh media appeal to you as an American? You'd probably be surprised at what a tiny country like Wales has produced or even how important it has been to the states. So yeah don't take the piss out of my tiny lovely country.

Geez dude, I just don't find your country's media appealing, big deal. You bad mouth American stuff all the time. You gotta let that be a two way street otherwise you just look like a hypocrite.

That's fine. But Welsh media is not meant to be appealing to Americans. Said that 3 times now yet you've yet to acknowledge it. American media is, it's a money making machine.

You can slag my country off all you want but you know fuck all about it.

That's fine. But Welsh media is not meant to be appealing to Americans. Said that 3 times now yet you've yet to acknowledge it.

You can slag my country off all you want but you know fuck all about it.

So what? I've never heard anyone claim that American media is meant to appeal to the Welsh, yet you have no issue knocking on American media. At this point, if that really is your argument, then you are being a hypocrite,