The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

There is an infinity of different cultures across the USA.

I don't like this $2000 figure being thrown about for USA-Europe flights though, I literally did a 30 second check above and immediately found $750 flights. It's not that expensive

Well my France trip was a over $2000 total.  That includes, travel, hotel, site seeing, etc.  However, plane tickets do get that expensive depending on when you're trying to go, and where from and where to.  

There is an infinity of different cultures across the USA.

I don't like this $2000 figure being thrown about for USA-Europe flights though, I literally did a 30 second check above and immediately found $750 flights. It's not that expensive

That's all I'm saying, people seem like they're against it because it's too expensive without actually doing research into how much it would cost. 

There are a lot of cultural differences in England too, doesn't mean I don't want to see more.

And that was a return flight Ghent, $750 for both. 

Well my France trip was a over $2000 total.  That includes, travel, hotel, site seeing, etc.  However, plane tickets do get that expensive depending on when you're trying to go, and where from and where to.  

You'd be surely paying for all of that if you go somewhere in the States though? the flights cost more obviously but I think if you went to the right place (doesn't have to be Europe) you could probably find a holiday at a pretty reasonable price and not pay much more than what you would staying Stateside. 

• Like 1

You act like there are no cultural variances in America...pretty ignorant. The people are very different and diverse. Just because the language doesn't change doesn't mean the people don't. 

I can drive about 6 hours south and all of the sudden I'm assaulted with annoying southern charm. 6 hours north and they're following every sentence with "eh." 6 hours west and they're smoking joints in the mountains...Just within my state there are major cultural differences. 

And Rory- that is just the price for one way though, correct. Wouldn't that make it closer to $1,500? I could fly to New York and back for $500 less than that and I've never been there either. I think you understand my point though. I would love to go to another country not in North America, it's just not a major major priority or something I should feel ashamed of.

No it's round trip!!!!!!!

You'd be surely paying for all of that if you go somewhere in the States though? the flights cost more obviously but I think if you went to the right place (doesn't have to be Europe) you could probably find a holiday at a pretty reasonable price and not pay much more than what you would staying Stateside. 

LOL, no, a trip to Florida typically costs no more than $500 for me, and that includes going to a place like Universal Studios or the like.  Costs me even less when I stay at one of my friend's places that lives down there.

haha when I go I will hit you up for sure...Will be a few years though, I have a 2.5 year old daughter now. 

Just checked and the prices are much much more reasonable than in the past. 

To help break it down. Here is the size of the state of Texas inside of Europe. I've been to every corner of Texas. It would be like the equivalent of traveling to eight fucking countries in Europe.

germany.png

Here is Europe inside of the US.

1902d1377276096-hello-belgium-fireshot-s

So if I lived in Europe I would be a god damn world traveler. But because I live in a huge country, I'm a close minded piece of shit ignorant American with my head up my ass oblivious to the rest of the world.

Exactly!

Hard to believe my drive from Delaware to North Carolina last month would have had me in like 5 different countries in Europe.

I think too much emphasis is being placed on governmental borders. Over these kinds of distances the people will change no matter the legal boundaries. 

In Europe it's different countries, in America it's different states. Does the governing body really matter at the end of the day? I can tell you with absolute certainty that MY culture is nothing like other cultures I've experienced in the US.

• Like 1

Fair enough, I guess we're just different.

I'm going Florida and the two weeks is going to cost me nearly $4,000 when I take into account flights, villa, park tickets, car hire and spending money. I'm just waiting to be bashed for holidying in America when I've been bashing Yanks for doing it haha. Seems like a lot of money but I know I won't regret it. 

I just like getting to different countries though, going Budapest in August and Tenerife with the Missus in October too.

Our weather sucks sometimes so maybe that influences me, I dunno. 

Speaking of "yanks," just to point out cultural differences in the US. Last week someone on the phone in Kentucky got pissed at me and called me a "damn yank" and blamed people like me for taking away their rebel flag. 

This all because I pronounced a word the way a northerner would, rather than a southerner. When in fact, I'm not really a northerner at all. 

To help break it down. Here is the size of the state of Texas inside of Europe. I've been to every corner of Texas. It would be like the equivalent of traveling to eight fucking countries in Europe.

germany.png

Here is Europe inside of the US.

1902d1377276096-hello-belgium-fireshot-s

So if I lived in Europe I would be a god damn world traveler. But because I live in a huge country, I'm a close minded piece of shit ignorant American with my head up my ass oblivious to the rest of the world.

the second map is western (and northern) europe only. eastern europe is quite shitty, but still, it's the missing 1/3 of europe.