The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

When I think of vacationing rarely does leaving the country even cross my mind. My favorite vacation is going down to Southern California. Though there are tons of places I would absolutely love to visit outside the states. I'm fascinated by biblical locations, so I'd love to go to a lot of European and Middle Eastern countries and cities. I want to see Rome, and Jerusalem, etc... Someday. I can barely afford to travel within the United States. Much less leave.

And if I could leave, the first place I want to go is back to Peru. I want to visit the amazing people I met there. I love some of those people like I love my family. It kills me that I can't easily visit them again. Some of them I have completely lost contact with, since not everybody has or uses the internet, and not everybody has an address so I can't even communicate via letters or anything. I want to go back and see them.

• Like 1

How long did it take you to do snowdon pal? Breathtaking walk down.

We went up Crib Goch and then down Snowdon. Took about 5 1/2 hours in total, pretty steady away. Blaring sunshine, stunning views, great company. Unbeatable! 

I'm going to be in Dallas in a few weeks. Want to meet up and pretend we traveled from France to Germany instead of the same distance within our own country so we aren't close minded American fuck sticks, Speedo?

You keep saying this over and over despite everyone moving past it, someone is a bit paranoid that it's true...

• Like 1

We went up Crib Goch and then down Snowdon. Took about 5 1/2 hours in total, pretty steady away. Blaring sunshine, stunning views, great company. Unbeatable!

Yeah cool man, it was nice and cool when I did it. Don't think I could do it in the sunshine like. Did you camp there too? I couldn't believe the amount of dogs at the top. Did you have dogs everywhere?

New AVA EP: https://instagram.com/p/41-d-pru4o/

October 6th = Album 2/4. That gives Tom 86 days to release two more albums. Lel.

Normally Album announcements come with some song or clip to get people excited. So I'm guessing Tom hasn't written this EP yet...

I'm sorry but Tom's announcement was that he'd have 4 albums out within a year; correct?  Not that he'd have 4 albums out in the year 2015.  Meaning that if we go on the release date of To The Stars (April 21st 2015), and we assume this new album coumes out on October 6th, then that would give him 198 days to release two more albums after that (keep in mind 2016 is a leap year).  However, if he's counting The Dream Walker as a part of those 4 albums (release date: December 9th 2014), that would mean that after October 6th, he'd have 64 days to release one more album.  

Frankly I don't think his timeline is impossible at all, however if all the releases are of the quality of To The Stars, then the amount of content becomes irrelevant, as he needs to learn to prioritize quality over quantity. 

I read a stat that only like 1/2 of Americans have passports (could be wrong, but a big number like that). I get it though, you guys have Alaska, Hawaii, California, etc. Weather and culture for everyone. However, I do think it's a shame so many Americans don't go abroad because you can't recreate an experience like Vietnam, Japan, or South America for example. 

Yeah, I don't have a passport and never have had one. Crossed the Mexican border without one back when I went because the cartel shit hadn't really fired up yet.

That is just bullshit Oliver. 

Even though I live there, I'll give you Kansas and Oklahoma...Whatever, I can see how an ignorant person would find nothing in these places. 

But, Idaho/Wyoming/Montana/South Dakota? Are you kidding me? Yellowstone National Park is one of the most beautiful, unique places in the entire world. Not to mention the Black Hills in South Dakota, Mt. Rushmore, etc. And I've never been in the northwest, but I can tell you that Washington state and Oregon are also beautiful, scenic places with great cultures. Also the Mark Twain national forest in Missouri/Table Rock Lake area is scenic and awesome as well. 

That's just a stupid remark.

• Like 4

From watching films like Fargo, Cut Bank and Unforgiven, it is plain to see how beautiful some of the "northern" states are. I actually really would love to visit Montana and Wyoming in particular. I know there's not a huge amount happening there in terms of cities/nightlife etc but the places themselves appevesar to be of outstanding natural beauty.

That is just bullshit Oliver. 

Even though I live there, I'll give you Kansas and Oklahoma...Whatever, I can see how an ignorant person would find nothing in these places. 

But, Idaho/Wyoming/Montana/South Dakota? Are you kidding me? Yellowstone National Park is one of the most beautiful, unique places in the entire world. Not to mention the Black Hills in South Dakota, Mt. Rushmore, etc. And I've never been in the northwest, but I can tell you that Washington state and Oregon are also beautiful, scenic places with great cultures. Also the Mark Twain national forest in Missouri/Table Rock Lake area is scenic and awesome as well. 

That's just a stupid remark.

Meh, I won't deny that there are places of beauty in this area. But there are many other places of beauty to find without having to travel there.

There is only one Boston, only one New York City, only one Orlando, chicago,  etc.

Not saying these are horrible places at all, but what Rory has been to are the best selections if he had to choose IMO.

Honestly, I couldn't in a million years justify visiting the south over the Yellowstone Area if I had a choice between the two.

And there is more to this country than big cities. 

• Like 1