The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

This is what he said:

It's so hard to keep people in the loop on all I am working on. So many of these things I can't announce yet, and some of these things are very sensitive and I'm still learning how to navigate the waters I have found myself involved in. Some of these other things are major entertainment announcements I can't do until a little bit later. But in all it's a variety of directing, producing, creating modern animations, publishing novels, and other vowed leaning art. Really cool, and ambitious stuff. Big stuff. I can't help but be so excited for what will start to roll out over the next couple years. And I often get so excited I put these things on Instagram and Twitter and people think I'm just hyping things up. It's not the case, trust me.... you haven't seen anything yet.

Things like you haven't seen nothing yet, sounds so arrogant. We HAVE in fact seen what he can do.

Most of the things he posts have this smug feel. He hasn't created anything major successful so far, yet he talks like he's been in the business for 30 years, and received all these accolades.

Can you imagine a real movie director or author talking like this about their upcoming movie or book? Have you EVER seen a starting artist who hypes his products, as much as Tom does? Makes him look pretty insecure if you ask me.

And does he know that 90% of his current fanbase (teenage girls) doesn't even know what NASA is? Christ......

• Like 3

I don't think there's anything weird with that status, he just explained what's going on and why he's always writing about different projects! There's only one thing missing in his post, and that's a tour announcement! That would be awesome!

Jesus Christ. This is not the forum for you

• Like 2

Things like you haven't seen nothing yet, sounds so arrogant. We HAVE in fact seen what he can do.

Most of the things he posts have this smug feel. He hasn't created anything major successful so far, yet he talks like he's been in the business for 30 years, and received all these accolades.

Can you imagine a real movie director or author talking like this about their upcoming movie or book? Have you EVER seen a starting artist who hypes his products, as much as Tom does? Makes him look pretty insecure if you ask me.

And does he know that 90% of his current fanbase (teenage girls) doesn't even know what NASA is? Christ......

i mean, yeah. in film school. but those are young people who don't know any better yet and at least feel embarrassed enough to stop hyping at some point. tom is like fucking 40 and way worse than any film student i know.

Tom said he was working with NASA for the I-Empire tour and that the I Empire shows were going to have this crazy technology ...

AND THEN NOTHING HAPPENED. I don't forget that shit. 

I think, and am happy to be proven wrong, that he was referring to the laser goggles that he used for the breathe performance. Tom (sadly) isn't required to do a performance review where he has to come out and substantiate all the bold statements he makes, in order for us to directly relate them to projects. 

This is what he said:

It's so hard to keep people in the loop on all I am working on. So many of these things I can't announce yet, and some of these things are very sensitive and I'm still learning how to navigate the waters I have found myself involved in. Some of these other things are major entertainment announcements I can't do until a little bit later. But in all it's a variety of directing, producing, creating modern animations, publishing novels, and other vowed leaning art. Really cool, and ambitious stuff. Big stuff. I can't help but be so excited for what will start to roll out over the next couple years. And I often get so excited I put these things on Instagram and Twitter and people think I'm just hyping things up. It's not the case, trust me.... you haven't seen anything yet.

And the response is very easy: that happens because you don't give anything but void hype.

This thread is the biggest yawnfest ever. 

Should we set up a TD general discussion thread for you all? therefore making this thread completely reduntant because that's all anyone ever talks about in here due to the fact that there is never any fucking blink-182 news. 

I think most will agree that they don't care about Tom's future projects and that he probably won't follow through on them, so what's the point of endlessly discussing them? I'd rather talk about blink-182 and greed again that reading the same shitty comments that are made after every single TD social network update. 

Should we set up a TD general discussion thread for you all? therefore making this thread completely reduntant because that's all anyone ever talks about in here due to the fact that there is never any fucking blink-182 news. 

I think most will agree that they don't care about Tom's future projects and that he probably won't follow through on them, so what's the point of endlessly discussing them? I'd rather talk about blink-182 and greed again that reading the same shitty comments that are made after every single TD social network update. 

For me, its fun. I can't really say why. Its not even that I am angry anymore at him either. Don't care about about his projects, his involvement with Blink is over, but he just makes it hard to resist poking fun at him. The latest Tom meme is hilarious. It doesn't get old for me.  I know for a lot of people, especially outsiders, its ridiculous. I get that. But I find him to be unintentionally hilarious. That is the best kind of humor IMO. I can read his stuff and laugh hysterically and then think....oh he's serious, and its even more funny.

• Like 4

Man you're like clockwork
  • Like 1

For me, its fun. I can't really say why. Its not even that I am angry anymore at him either. Don't care about about his projects, his involvement with Blink is over, but he just makes it hard to resist poking fun at him. The latest Tom meme is hilarious. It doesn't get old for me.  I know for a lot of people, especially outsiders, its ridiculous. I get that. But I find him to be unintentionally hilarious. That is the best kind of humor IMO. I can read his stuff and laugh hysterically and then think....oh he's serious, and its even more funny.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, he is definitely a bit crazy and it was funny for a while but now I just find it a bit meh, I think let him get on with it. He's happy and he gave me some of my favourite songs ever. My theory is no hard feelings and let him get on with it, his heart wasn't in it anymore and he's gone. His new ventures don't interest me at all but I think let him get on with it and fair play to him, he keeps his fans updated (even if there aren't that many) 

Man you're like clockwork

and you're like the turd that will won't flush. 

• Like 1