The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

You were like two years out there, right? (sorry, I remember you were on some kind of mission, maybe?)  I'm sure you got a very good level, so if you keep on using it from time to time, you won't be losing it. I think the "rr" is one of the most difficult things for others to learn. I don't know if there are so many languages using that strong R sound. So, makes sense. When I was learning french, I was always struggling with the way french people pronounce the R and some vocals.

Yeah, aside from the "rr" I think I spoke Spanish really well. Better than a lot of the other people who got there the same time I did. I could easily have conversations with anybody I met. Immersing myself in a new language and culture for two years was a pretty amazing thing honestly. I hardly spoke English the whole two years. It was all Spanish. So I learned way faster than I could have from classes. I've been home for two years now this month (I can't believe how fast time goes by...) and I've hardly spoken any Spanish since then, so I'm forgetting things. I want to pick it back up. And yeah, I was there as a missionary.

The R in french is hard too, but that one I can do (I studied French for eight years. But I forgot almost all of it after I went to Peru and learned Spanish. Haha).

Yeah, that's the best way to learn a new language. Just going straight. Can be a little painful if you're alone out there, but you learn faster and better. Kudos, man. You did a great job on that and, of course on your mission. I'm sure you got plenty of peruvian accent, hahaha.

I'm totally serious: if you need skype to practice, don't hesitate on telling me. I'm sure we can arrange time zones.

haha Alt press has a poll right now about weather you like Blink with Tom or Skiba. 

... the fuck? they havent released anything with skiba, whats the point of that?

• Like 2

It's because "h" is literally a useless letter in Spanish. It makes no sound, ever. You could put it in the middle of any word and it wouldn't matter because it is always silent. I nehver understhood why they have a chomphletely uhselehss letther in their langhuahge.

(Actually, Ghost, am I right about this? Does "h" ever make a sound? Could be different in Spain than it was in Peru. I don't know. Haha.)

Theres a first nations translation of a town here that actually has the number 7 in it.  Ill never understand it  Its Squamish and the native spelling of it is Sḵwx̱wú7mesh

Yeah, that's the best way to learn a new language. Just going straight. Can be a little painful if you're alone out there, but you learn faster and better. Kudos, man. You did a great job on that and, of course on your mission. I'm sure you got plenty of peruvian accent, hahaha.

I'm totally serious: if you need skype to practice, don't hesitate on telling me. I'm sure we can arrange time zones.

Thanks man! I may take you up on that offer eventually.

• Like 1

I never understood why Tom decided to release certain live tracks. In this one he forgets the words to the song. Why release this?! I don't even think he listened to it before deciding to make it a bonus track. Or Tom just gives no fucks.

It's in the second verse, starting at around 2:12. I actually just listened to that part like five times in a row because it makes me laugh:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np5A4QJLXYU