The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Haha oh my god so I walk in the next room and my coworker is playing "Shut Up" and I'm like "Ooooo what's this?" and he said it was "this song called Take Off Your Pants"

"Oh yeah? That's a great album!"

"Oh, do you like blink-182?"

"-internally- YES I HAVE THEM TATTOOED TO ME -externally- Yeahh they're sweet!"

• Like 2

Having spent the day rewatching blinks first 2 shows with Skiba (instead of working) I have the following thoughts to share for no reason in particular. 

1) Skiba is awesome, it's so nice to hear someone sing the songs rather than slur and screech, and play them with a decent guitar tone.

2) Skiba is also incredibly talented as he somehow manages to sing Tom's parts without doing a "Tom voice", something which I and many others find impossible.

3) if theres one very minor concern i have its that I hope that Mark and Matt can build some notable stage chemistry over time, I can't imagine them ripping on each other and having quite the same back and forth nature as Tom and Mark did. We all know the situation of you're nice to an acquaintance yet horrible as fuck to your best friend because you both "get each other".

4) Tom constantly strives to be a more serious artist and made it clear old toilet humour, immature Blink is not him anymore. Yet he continued to change the lyrics to Always, one of their most serious hits, to ones regarding incestuous handjobs. The fucks up with that.

There.

• Like 1