The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

I think Easy Target would have made a better single than Down, or Violence for that matter. there's not many 'oh thats definitely a single' tracks outside of Not Now, Feeling This and I Miss You. but, if they had worked the instrumental side of I'm Lost Without You differently (i.e., made it a bit more straight forward and less fucking strange) then that potentially could have been a big soppy single for them. I'm glad that didn't happen though, I fuckin' hate that song as it is. 

I think Ashtenia would be a cool single or Here's Your Letter...maybe a shorter Lost Without You. It could've been their ballad hit. 

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Down is one of my favorite songs ever. I could say that about pretty much every track on the untitled record, but Down is one of the ones I enjoy the most for sure. I love the outro, but I wish it lasted longer. I love the way they played it at Wembly.

I'm sure you probably have, but I need to verify, have you ever heard the Down T.L.A. arrangement?  It's slightly longer with an extra and more powerful Down Down Down chorus at the end with the single's version of the outro, I've always loved that version. 

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I'm sure you probably have, but I need to verify, have you ever heard the Down T.L.A. arrangement?  It's slightly longer with an extra and more powerful Down Down Down chorus at the end with the single's version of the outro, I've always loved that version. 

Yeah I love that version too. I like that it doesn't cut out at the end to lead in to The Fallen Interlude (the Greatest Hits version did this too though) so it sounds nicer if you aren't listening to the album from start to finish.

10 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It makes me miss ranking my friends based on who I like the best.

Fuck that was an odd system. Getting yelled at for not putting certain friends in your top 8, super awkward.

• Like 2

lol yeah the top 8 friend rankings was just bad. 

kind of off topic, but I was thinking today how weird it was that I used to actually talk on the phone to people. 

Like I still have phone numbers memorized of friends from grade school, but I couldn't even tell you my parents cell phone numbers off hand today.

Fugly girls calling me on Saturday mornings- "Is Ghent there?" to my parents. So embarrassing. Kids today have it made. MSN messenger was the only way I could hit on a girl without calling them. I didn't even have a cell phone until I was like a junior in HS and was limited to like 100 text messages a month. I put a hell of a lot of thought into those texts dammit.

hey

hey

whats up

nm u?

nothin

There went 5% of my text messages for the month.

• Like 3

I used to record songs off of my computer for my voicemail and then write what the song of the day was in my buddy profile on AIM. I thought people would wanna call and listen to it.

I get really sad for myself at that age sometimes, damn...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Ahh AIM. The days where people would message their crush to confess their love, and then temporarily block their crush out of nervousness before you could reply.

If you want to hear a horrible ring back tone, call your local doctor and let them put you on hold.

and who can forget the infamous A/S/L?