The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Um... is blink releasing this via LaSalle records?

I'm a little surprised and worried about them choosing to go with Travis's own label. was kinda hoping they'd go for one of the bigger groups...

On 1/22/2016 at 6:51 PM, grilled_cheese said:

Haha nice research, of course it' my own band hah. I just wanted some reactions. And yeah, as someone said in this thread I also play in Moonlit Sailor and U137 (we've got more than 11 million plays on Spoitfy alone). Now: Listen to the fucking songs u guys. I wrote the songs and have been a blink fan since 98, so you should here some blink in the songs...

god I made the mistake and actually looked up your bands on spotify. how the hell did you get so many plays on this 137 thing. all the songs sound like never ending AVA intros just that they never actually start off.

Blink are the only band that get me excited for new music, I like other bands but don't really care when they drop an album. Just wish they'd let us know info, why can't they just tell us how many songs they've recorded, release date they're looking at etc they're fucking arseholes. There's no fucking excuse for it these days with social media. I'd love a clip but even if they just spoke about songs they've finished and what they sound like etc but we get fucking pictures "in studio today" yeah cheers Mark, fucking riveting stuff. 

• Like 1

once the promo period begins, we will know everything. it's gonna start with a 5-line teaser by kerrang in late february, then we'll get the whole article a week later. plus a kroq interview, and an alternative press interview on the same day/week. the recording will be done by then. they will announce the release date and probably the title of the album and the first single. when the single drops (late march), all other magazines will have a little article about the upcoming album, revealing some song titles and studio info. then 1-2 weeks before the album release (late may), they will give the same interview on 30 radio stations, magazines will post reviews of the songs, and 1 day later the album will be leaked.

5 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

Um... is blink releasing this via LaSalle records?

I'm a little surprised and worried about them choosing to go with Travis's own label. was kinda hoping they'd go for one of the bigger groups...

i was wondering this as well. i doubt it. but if they were, it could be a lasalle + major thing, and lasalle is owned by atlantic records, so maybe blink will wind up signing there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bastard said:

First Tom wants Holly to let him out and then he wants her to use him. Make up your mind Tom ffs!

The backstory of Easy Target/All of This is in the untitled's booklet notes around the song lyrics.  Based on what I recall the story is that a friend of theirs was obsessed with this Holly girl but she was way out of his league and would never notice someone like him, then one day out of nowhere she calls him up and asks him to come over.  Excited, he quickly bikes over, except when he gets there, she and her friends douse him with the hose and laugh.  Humiliated he turned back and biked home.

It's a messed up story where the kid obsessed with Holly probably had those feelings of leave me alone if you're gonna be like that, but at the same time, I'm crazy about you, so if takes you abusing me in such a way to have contact with you, then so be it, use me.

At least that's how I've always viewed it based on the story in the booklet.