The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

The opinion it sounds like generic Pop Punk made me chuckle. If anything, this song proved nobody does the genre better. I'm so very far removed from that genre, except for the stuff I grew up on and nonetheless nobody does it quite like Blink. And I think Mark has the permanent spot on the throne. More than Tom did, I look at Mark as the king of that entire sub genre, on so many levels, from the music he makes for the fans and the musicians that surround themselves in that genre- 9.5/10 times you'll find they cite him and blink as their inspiration. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Conor Oberst said:

It's soo bizarre (I dig it though) to me that Skiba sings the first chorus and then Mark, the second. I've never really seen this done with two singers I think??

Skiba is also singing the second verse and prechorus right? And yeah its so good, it keeps the song fresh all the way through. Especially nice after blink's recent stuff where loads of the work was just copy/pasted or at least sounded like it

The opinion it sounds like generic Pop Punk made me chuckle. If anything, this song proved nobody does the genre better. I'm so very far removed from that genre, except for the stuff I grew up on and nonetheless nobody does it quite like Blink. And I think Mark has the permanent spot on the throne. More than Tom did, I look at Mark as the king of that entire sub genre, on so many levels, from the music he makes for the fans and the musicians that surround themselves in that genre- 9.5/10 times you'll find they cite him and blink as their inspiration. 

Yeah. Agree 100%. Seeing people saying that BTD is "generic punkpp" and then go to idealize bands as FYS or ADTR and his pre-cooked bro-gang-easycore jjust amazes me. I mean...

fucking rad. 

See now that is cool. I'm glad the Alk3 guys are on board with Skiba doing this - just small stuff like this is so supportive. I mean, Dans been doing some solo stuff so I don't think its anywhere near as big as an upheaval as it could be for other bands but its sweet that he's stoked for Matt.

• Like 5