The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

because it does. if aria came in there with a joke thread, would your first instinct as a mod be to ban him for a day (though... i don't think that capability is available, as he's an admin, but my point stands)? what about kyle or any of the other well-regarded members here that have posted for years and never done anything wrong. i understand banning/locking a thead created by ilovemarkhoppus69 or tom_come_back44, but this was a thread worthy of discussion, albeit with a somewhat misleading title. i get it, you have a job to do, but it does seem like overreaction

We call that a power trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because it does. if aria came in there with a joke thread, would your first instinct as a mod be to ban him for a day (though... i don't think that capability is available, as he's an admin, but my point stands)? what about kyle or any of the other well-regarded members here that have posted for years and never done anything wrong. i understand banning/locking a thead created by ilovemarkhoppus69 or tom_come_back44, but this was a thread worthy of discussion, albeit with a somewhat misleading title. i get it, you have a job to do, but it does seem like overreaction

Also because consistent posters who have stuck around for a while are what make this website and keep it alive - not mods catering to people looking for blink news who will be gone a week after the album drops.

And, if I took anything personal, it's that the title of the thread was altered. Just delete it if it's that big of an issue - you really don't have to baby-proof it for these skittish new members you're so concerned with.

Well, it would be silly for Aria to come in and make a thread when we had agreed to lock these threads. Whilst i wouldnt lock it id be asking him why he is making rules irrelevant as then i would expect backlash. Kyle is also a moderator and yes i would lock the thread. I would not lock an Admin thread (honestly im not sure if i even can)

I have been here since 2003..if i do something against the rules then the ramifications are on my head. 

Well, it would be silly for Aria to come in and make a thread when we had agreed to lock these threads. Whilst i wouldnt lock it id be asking him why he is making rules irrelevant as then i would expect backlash. Kyle is also a moderator and yes i would lock the thread. I would not lock an Admin thread (honestly im not sure if i even can)

I have been here since 2003..if i do something against the rules then the ramifications are on my head. 

Warnings>Locked Threads

4 minutes ago, platypus409 said:

Power trip...okie dokie mate.

Warnings are greater than locked threads? I agree. He didn't get a warning. A warning on here puts a strike against your name and then the option to limit your activity

Power trip...okie dokie mate.

Warnings are greater than locked threads? I agree. He didn't get a warning. A warning on here puts a strike against your name and then the option to limit your activity

Listen up dildo69er, I absolutely love your name.

The end.

What is done is done, if another mod or admin disagree's so be it, ill have a discussion with them. A joke is fine, this was deliberately getting people to click on a link thinking something had been released..

I won't lie when i saw who had posted it, i thought it would be real as he is a good poster and I like his posts they are usually quite witty. I'm pretty sure I have done the majority of topic locking in the blink subforum. Only issue i have had so far is that this one was done to a member who is generally well regarded. Status should make no difference when it does then thats when the forum is fucked. To people not remember the old regime when admins and shit acted like they owned this place and held that above people? I think this is proof that because someone is well regarded it means jack.

My favourite members on here that aren't mods are my fellow aussies and most of the brits (nothing against the US'ers but the time difference usually means we dont chat offline) If any of them did the same thing i'd lock it the same way.

Lets end this discussion. The mods/admins can have a chat to review the rule and if we go the other way ill be the first to unlock the topic. But I wont apologise for doing something we agreed was against the rules.

27 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I think the problem is you decided to put the hammer down on his post. He at least had a joke with a video to back it up. If you think misleading title threads should be locked, that's fine and I actually agree with that. But there's been real trolls the last month posting threads like this, some of them genuine members, maliciously phishing to fool people. Therefore, I could see why he's insulted with the announcement you made of not tolerating trolls and lumping him with them after nothing had been said before when they did it.

Yeah that's also part of it. This is what Oliver posted a month ago:

I debated making this topic as it would give the trolling more attention, but I also didn't want newer members or others to get fed up and leave.The spamming is not a normal occurrence here. A solution is being worked and we hope to have it taken care of soon. Please be patient. In the meantime please do not reply to any of the topics. We will continue to delete them/ban the offender. Thanks.

This seemed like a pretty direct response to that crazy dude who kept making fake accounts and going apeshit everywhere. Doesn't really seem to say legit members can't post threads like the one I did.

This addendum from Dildo didn't show up until directly after my thread was edited/ locked:

Also adding that from now any fake links or troll threads will be locked and the user denied access for one day.

I just don't come here for my shit to be censored, and I don't think I became a blink because I'm big on strict anti-fun rules enforced with no discretion.

2 minutes ago, redhotbrianpeppers said:

Yeah that's also part of it. This is what Oliver posted a month ago:

I debated making this topic as it would give the trolling more attention, but I also didn't want newer members or others to get fed up and leave.The spamming is not a normal occurrence here. A solution is being worked and we hope to have it taken care of soon. Please be patient. In the meantime please do not reply to any of the topics. We will continue to delete them/ban the offender. Thanks.

This seemed like a pretty direct response to that crazy dude who kept making fake accounts and going apeshit everywhere. Doesn't really seem to say legit members can't post threads like the one I did.

This addendum from Dildo didn't show up until directly after my thread was edited/ locked:

Also adding that from now any fake links or troll threads will be locked and the user denied access for one day.

I just don't come here for my shit to be censored, and I don't think I became a blink because I'm big on strict anti-fun rules enforced with no discretion.

I added the bit to the official mod post today yes, but we mentioned it in the GD a few times when it was first decided. There is a thread for it in the mod section. I added it today as i realised it wasnt made obvious enough for us to follow through and ban someone for a day. We actually decided this rule prior to us being barraged with the same douchebag.

Last thing ill say on the matter. There is no discussion about the podcast mark was on today where he details teh majority of the songs yet is there? Wasnt before all this started

Last thing I'll say: College Humor released a video and song called "Brohemian Rhapsody" a few years ago. The intent of my thread was for people to sigh when they saw it wasn't a new blink video, and then watch the hilarious/ relevant link I posted and discuss it. I still recommend checking out that video; it's pretty funny.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dildo69er said:

but are they deliberately trying to?

Besides Speedo's posts probably not. 

Don't bring me into this! I haven't done shit lately ... I've been a good boy, don't make me change that!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dildo69er said:

I added the bit to the official mod post today yes, but we mentioned it in the GD a few times when it was first decided. There is a thread for it in the mod section. I added it today as i realised it wasnt made obvious enough for us to follow through and ban someone for a day. We actually decided this rule prior to us being barraged with the same douchebag.

Last thing ill say on the matter. There is no discussion about the podcast mark was on today where he details teh majority of the songs yet is there? Wasnt before all this started

The mark podcast is being discussed in the new interviews thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Don't bring me into this! I haven't done shit lately ... I've been a good boy, don't make me change that!

bahaha you went off on some guy loving cock just the other day.

and @Chewy030 it fucking wasnt when this shit started. Dont make me lock that thread.

1 minute ago, dildo69er said:

bahaha you went off on some guy loving cock just the other day.

and @Chewy030 it fucking wasnt when this shit started. Dont make me lock that thread.

dude chill all i said was the interview is being discussed in the interviews thread. No reason to lock that thread considering that's what it's being used for.

• Like 1

Went off???

He asked if he was the only one who liked every Blink album I said no, I liked them all too but he was the only one who liked penis in his ass and mouth ...

That's going off?

You're a fucking idiot, dildo. You know that, right? A pedantic, no-brained dweeb who can't tell the difference between joking around and 'going off' on someone. Hell, the guy didn't even take offense! 

This place needs a mod replacement, the ones we got are fucking morons. 

See, that's going off, numbfuck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Hey don't bring me into this, ass hat! I locked Mards spam account literally 10,997 times over the last few weeks!

My personal philosophy is to only lock shit that is blatant spam or really stupid and annoying. But this is just a blink message board. It's not like I'm a congressman here.

If it's entertaining, I say whatever. Off topic, stupid, annoying, spam? Either lock ban or move.

Redhots post didn't bother me, video is funny! But I can see how it breaks the rules, so I think it was a personal call there.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Went off???

He asked if he was the only one who liked every Blink album I said no, I liked them all too but he was the only one who liked penis in his ass and mouth ...

That's going off?

You're a fucking idiot, dildo. You know that, right? A pedantic, no-brained dweeb who can't tell the difference between joking around and 'going off' on someone. Hell, the guy didn't even take offense! 

bahaha, i was actually joking when i mentioned you, but yes i stand by the fact you are a bi-polar troll who is only still here due to your ass kissing.

Im all for changing up the mods if everyone agrees to remove me. This place is a democracy when it comes to that stuff.

Sorry Ghent, but if you see how it breaks the rules how is it a personal call?

2 minutes ago, dildo69er said:

bahaha, i was actually joking when i mentioned you, but yes i stand by the fact you are a bi-polar troll who is only still here due to your ass kissing.

Im all for changing up the mods if everyone agrees to remove me. This place is a democracy when it comes to that stuff.

Sorry Ghent, but if you see how it breaks the rules how is it a personal call?

Shut it, nimrod, I'm going to sleep now.