The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

9 hours ago, Clarke said:

Rabbit Hole is a step in a new direction. But is it a step in the right direction? Most blink fans wouldn't think so.

Bored to Death though is gold.

By most blink fans, do you mean fans like you who spend all day talking about Tom Delonge on youtube and facebook comments?

Seems like most people with a healthy, long time relationship with the band really like the song to me lol.

• Like 3

There is def some mixed views on the new sound, no one can fully judge until we hear the whole album though I guess.

People I know who are casual fans are very indifferent to the new sound and all prefered Bored to Death which is probably the more mature/darker song. I'm the same, the song feels a bit more age appropriate of guys in their early 40s. I don't want Blink to become like NOFX and be a bunch of silly washed up cunts playing old school pop punk/punk music in their fifties. 

If they write a great pop punk album I'll still love it but on the next one I'm not going to lie, I would prefer them edging towards a more mature sound. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, helen_hoppus said:

one of the fans, his name is Richard, gave them name tags Wigan t-shirts 

ad4b3db25813.jpg

Travis should have been the 8, he's always in the middle when they're on stage. Dude missed a trick. should be Skiba, Trav, Mark so that on stage their backs actually say 182. get one picture behind the kit and its pure gold. 

• Like 2

Just now, Clarke said:

Probably because you've labeled anybody that is dissappointed by the song as one of those.

Will agree with you though that untitled-era only fans make me cringe as well

No, but it seems like most of the people who don't fit my label say "i like the song except for *this* part" or something along those lines. Not OMG THIS SONG FUCKING SUCKS BRING BACK TOM like all the comments on social media.

And yeah, untitled only fans suck. they seem to be fans of an entirely different band than me. a band that mostly exists only in their mind and only released one album lol.

2 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

There is def some mixed views on the new sound, no one can fully judge until we hear the whole album though I guess.

People I know who are casual fans are very indifferent to the new sound and all prefered Bored to Death which is probably the more mature/darker song. I'm the same, the song feels a bit more age appropriate of guys in their early 40s. I don't want Blink to become like NOFX and be a bunch of silly washed up cunts playing old school pop punk/punk music in their fifties. 

If they write a great pop punk album I'll still love it but on the next one I'm not going to lie, I would prefer them edging towards a more mature sound. 

Fair enough. I'm on the opposite end. The dark stuff has run it's course. I feel like my angsty years are way behind me now. Would rather listen to something fun.

1 hour ago, Poet Danderson said:

I agree with this.

I like the Rabbit Hole approach, of course. I wouldn't mind if this record is pop punk centered or whatever, but I definitely still think they have the potential to explode again on a more mature direction, sure. Bored To Death was a good spark on that. But that doesn't necessary means they have to go to a more dark sound. In fact, I don't understand why the hell maturity is mostly related to darkness by people.

Hey, I like modern pop punk. I love All Time Low.. I liked Bored To Death! BUT, Rabbit Hole was a forgettable tune to me. I listened when it came out, didn't like it, went on with my life and haven't listened to it since. 

If there's more songs like Bored To Death on the album, I will definitely like it though!

15 hours ago, Ghent said:

Hearts All Gone sounds nothing like Dude Ranch imo

I mean it's fast yeah, but the general vibe of the song is completely different than anything on Dude Ranch. 

Agreed. It's a minor key angry song, there were 0 of those on Dude Ranch. The tempo is the only similarity.

Also, just my opinion here but Rabbit Hole > Hearts All Gone

• Like 3