The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

How can Tom go around having headlines quoting him that he quit? He totally got kicked out. All you need to do is read all of the interviews and posts that surfaced at that time. I feel like if Scott said he quit because of drinking issues, people would be so quick to dismiss it. But he was straight up with how poorly that was handled. Here, Tom says that he left blink to research UFOs. No, you couldn't oblige to a show that you agreed to do so your band mates replaced you. He acts like he just called Mark one day and was like, "Hey, I am taking some time off to put all of my attention in something that I am really passionate about". When in reality it seems as if he overbooked himself and couldn't even tell them personally without the help of his manager. His facebook post alone should be all the writers need to acknowledge that Tom never quit on his own terms. I just don't get how articles can say that. But I guess that's why journalism is dead. I don't know why I am so worked up over this this morning, lol. I need the leak to happen!

I mean Mark directly told RS in that first interview that Tom didn't technically quit the band. This is when the legal stuff was going on and it would have been beneficial to say that he quit. So he was 100% kicked out.

he says whichever will make him appear better at the time. he swore he didn't quit initially because he didn't want blink fans abandoning him, but now he has this air of "I have better things to do" it looks better for him to say he quit to pursue them and not "I got kicked out for having no concept of timing and responsibilities" 

at this point i can imagine tom in a movie like independence day. the ex-punk-rocker is on a secret adventure to find hints of extraterrestrial life. then hillary awards him to secretary of defense, and the usa wins the intergalactic war... in the last 2 minutes of the movie everything gets played backwards, and tom wakes up at his desk with scissors in his hands. baby one more time plays while the end credits roll.

Hey, just a quick memo for all the haters/banters who said Skiba was not the righ choice because he has Alkaline Trio and The Sekrets... remember, as Mark confirmed: blink has a two years plan of work that will include, most likely, the whole 2016 tour dates, the release of a new EP, more tour dates next summer in europe and, as he said, a probably new record after that.

So yeah, Skiba provides. ;)