The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Not a fan of enema or toypaj then? They're even more poppy than California

I feel like a lot of the people hating on this record didn't become fans till Untitled or after their first break up. Didn't grow up in the hype of those two albums. I still LOVE enema. California is the fun summer album i hoped it would be. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I feel like a lot of the people hating on this record didn't become fans till Untitled or after their first break up. Didn't grow up in the hype of those two albums. I still LOVE enema. California is the fun summer album i hoped it would be. 

You might be right, but personally I am not in that group. I was a fan starting with Enema, I still fucking love it and TOYPAJ, the songs I dislike on this new album don't really sound much like those to be honest. I wish I could explain it better, they just really don't sound much like those albums.

I think one place where I DO differ from people who love this album is that I never got into the more mid-2000s pop-punk, which is closer to the sound of the songs I dislike on this album.

• Like 1

Enema is the biggest sell out album ever. its absolutely brilliant but let's not kid ourselves. Toypaj was a quick cash grab follow up. If California was released right after toypaj people would be creaming their pants 

• Like 4

there are maybe three or four songs on this that i'd consider in a similar vein as toypaj and enema. definitely not something that would have naturally followed those records. its perfect for feldman's producing discography, though. sounds just like everything else he shits out. they should have went with Mark Trombino. 

• Like 3

As of yesterday you said you weren't even gonna listen to it until release so how the hell would you know?

Plus you've been destined to hate it regardless of its quality because you're such a huge tombot.

Agree that they shouldn't produce their next album with Feldmann. It's not a terrible album but there are a few throw away songs for me. I really love Left Alone, Los Angeles, San Diego and Cynical. That's the kind of sound I want blink to make. The other songs are just a little too bubble gum pop punk for me. I like the idea of SOOHM but I wish it was more edgier and raw. Each to their own though!

They're definitely sticking with Feldman if they do another album. They've all been going on and on about how great he is and how it's like a new Jerry Finn. I doubt a few people online saying the album sounds too polished will sway them from that. 

I'm all for them sticking with him tbh. There aren't really any songs I dislike on the album, some are meh, but still listenable. And considering the turnover for the album, I'm all for them continuing to work with someone who gets them to be so productive. 

• Like 1