The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

43 minutes ago, Jane said:

Okay guys, I don't really know where to put this, 'cause there's so many threads floating around; but jeez how can so many of you actually LIKE California?!?! I'm honstely super bummed, 'cause I was so happy that we'd finally get a new blink record, and I never thought there could be a blink record with not one single song on it that I really LOVE not just kinda like, or can somewhat tolerate.

This is just my opinion of course; but this record is really, really.... not good. I don't even know where to start. Basically, it has no soul. It's very overproduced. And all these "woahs" and "nas" get annoying as hell after a song or two. First I thought Cynical was pretty cool, but when listening to the whole record, it's become just another woah woah song to me. This is by far the worst blink record. I also don't get how some of you can say, "this and that song sounds like TOYPAJ". WHAT? You've got to be kidding!

This record sounds like some very crappy trying to be punk pop band.

Also, I'm very emotional right now, because I'm so disappointed.

May the shitstorm begin, I'm gonna sit in a corner and bemoan the shiteness of this record now.

What would you say you're favorite (or most tolerable) song is?

Personally, SOOHM sounds the most like TYOPAJ to me. It's very similar, maybe a little too similar to The Rock Show - which is fine by me. I also think TOTTM sounds a little like enema.

I agree ^. It is kind of wierd though, up untill neighborhoods everything was so good, now theres a whole bunch of songs ill skip or dont even know the words too. But everything untitled and prior i know by heart lol.

Probably also has something to do with growing up with those songs.

I don't understand what people that are disappointed were expecting.   I mean the album is pretty much exactly what I had been expecting based on all their interviews and articles prior to the album's release. 

If you wanted another Untitled, it was real clear for a long time that they weren't trying to do it, however I do suspect they'll give that kind of sound another go in the future.  But I love this album for what it is.

Same here.

Mike, I didn't want another Untitled or expected California to remind me of or sound like "old " blink or whatever.

And I'm just sad that one of my favorite bands made a truly forgettable record, not just a mediocre one (like Neighborhoods), but one that I truly don't like.

And I hope that their future records will not remind me of this one.

1 minute ago, Jane said:

Same here.

Mike, I didn't want another Untitled or expected California to remind me of or sound like "old " blink or whatever.

And I'm just sad that one of my favorite bands made a truly forgettable record, not just a mediocre one (like Neighborhoods), but one that I truly don't like.

And I hope that their future records will not remind me of this one.

Super catchy and constantly stuck in my head for a "forgettable album," I'd love another album or two like this from blink for sure. Though I do hope they try something like Untitled again as well. 

Album has grown on me and I've settled on a 7.5/10.

...I think songs like Kings of the Weekend have a timescale on them though, they're in their 40's now. I know age is just a number but I'd be much more interested in the more mature sound moving forward. It doesn't have to be bubblegum pop punk to be catchy. San Diego has one of the best choruses on this album and it's one of the darker more mature songs.

I appreciate this album was maybe needed to get the fun back in a band that has been basically dead on its feet for 7 years after a 5 year hiatus. Just saying what I'm hoping for from the future from Blink.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cpen5311 said:

I don't think your friends know what "die hard fans" mean, lol. Blink could have an album that are just them farting in a soup can for 45 minutes and I'd buy three copies.

If Feldy produced it it would suck though.

• Like 4