The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Somebody in the /r/music thread about the album commented:

"Honestly I think Tom's obsession with becoming Bono has been holding Mark and Travis back for a long time now." and then the follow up "Bono for aliens, not Bono for Africans"

I laughed pretty hard

• Like 3

Like i said earlier. me and jarjarblinks ordered the same package within 10 minutes of each other. both shipping to the same town in the middle of nowhere. His got here today and mine hasn't even shipped yet.

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Like i said earlier. me and jarjarblinks ordered the same package within 10 minutes of each other. both shipping to the same town in the middle of nowhere. His got here today and mine hasn't even shipped yet.

Ah. I didn't see that. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Majestic McMoose said:

Whoever did those lyric videos really just stopped caring didn't they? 

I at least expected Home's lyric video to look good since it's supposedly and more than likely gonna' be a single but nope,  looks like it was done in Windows Movie Maker

I'm sure someone was working under a deadline.  The popular thing to do these days is to have lyrics videos for all your songs on an album when it launches.  Problem with that is if you relegate all that work to one person under a certain amount of time, corners are going to be cut, and they're going to just stop caring at a certain point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

I'm sure someone was working under a deadline.  The popular thing to do these days is to have lyrics videos for all your songs on an album when it launches.  Problem with that is if you relegate all that work to one person under a certain amount of time, corners are going to be cut, and they're going to just stop caring at a certain point.

It can't be that popular since this is literally the first time I've ever seen a band put out a lyric video for every song on an album.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Potter. said:

It can't be that popular since this is literally the first time I've ever seen a band put out a lyric video for every song on an album.

Of Monsters and Men did it for both their albums I believe.  And I'm sure I can easily find others if I go and look for that.

1 minute ago, Majestic McMoose said:

Yeah I've seen a bunch of bands do it recently. All of them are pretty simple (they're lyric videos after all). But they all went to the effort of not just being a horizontal scroll of text 

Yeah, they should have hired more than just one person (I assume that's what happened) to tackle the lyric vids.  But whatevez, they're just youtube videos meant to show off the actual music.