The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

One of my favourite things on this site is Mike arguing with someone who's joking and not realizing he's getting trolled.

even when i've told him multiple times he's getting trolled, he ignores my warnings and continues to get trolled. classic mike.

• Like 2

Haha I see now that it was a farce created by some guy named Father Misty or something, never heard of the guy.  i didn't really look too into it, just saw the website that was linked to "announcing" the "service."  Regardless, I truly don't know why anyone would actually try and compete with Spotify at this point for real though, new services like Tidal are doomed to obscurity for many reasons (tidal has a terrible price structure for starters), but I think the biggest road block at this point is that a service like Spotify has been around so long at this point, that like I said, no one is going to want to make any kind of change like that due to what a pain it would be to recreate all your playlists, radio stations, favorites, etc.  Not to mention 'everyone' else is on it, so if you want to hear your friend's playlists, you're gonna wanna stick with the service that they're using as well.

3 hours ago, Nasa said:

I don't think there's a contradiction in liking modern bands but thinking old bands made garbage music. Old bands are not untouchable. They too are susceptible to the idea that music is subjective. Plus, to say something like:

is technically true. But pointing it out doesn't deny the influence it had on the music that came afterward. I find Radiohead quite boring, but I don't deny that they've majorly influenced modern music. Dislike doesn't always equal disrespect. There can be a distinction.

No music should be immune to criticism imo, even if it was extremely influential. I can criticize 50s rock bands for repeating chord progressions and still be aware that they played very important roles in the development of later music.

reason. Logic. sense. 

god it would be nice if more discussions on here had these qualities. 

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Haha I see now that it was a farce created by some guy named Father Misty or something, never heard of the guy.  i didn't really look too into it, just saw the website that was linked to "announcing" the "service."  Regardless, I truly don't know why anyone would actually try and compete with Spotify at this point for real though, new services like Tidal are doomed to obscurity for many reasons (tidal has a terrible price structure for starters), but I think the biggest road block at this point is that a service like Spotify has been around so long at this point, that like I said, no one is going to want to make any kind of change like that due to what a pain it would be to recreate all your playlists, radio stations, favorites, etc.  Not to mention 'everyone' else is on it, so if you want to hear your friend's playlists, you're gonna wanna stick with the service that they're using as well.

Took you long enough. Holy shit dude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

KISS weren't that big until they started to put on the make up and made every live show into a huge theatrical. Gotta give them credit for it though, the KISS army is huge. I've been to a few KISS concerts and they have some of the most dedicated fans I've ever seen. But they basically became sell outs, kind of like blink did when they released Enema. I love me some KISS haha they are my guilty pleasure.

Make up or not, they didn't deserve the recognition they got.

9 minutes ago, Barry said:

That's fine. As long as you stop posting those white noise essays everything will be A-OK.

Why would I do such a thing for you?   Sorry that reading a paragraph or two is such a chore for some people.  I can see that reading is really hard for some of you, so I kind of understand. 

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Rumours is an absolute beast of a record.

I know this is from the other day but legit, I think Rumours is one of the best damn albums ever made. I love the crap out of that record. it's beautiful, painful, rockin' as shit. 

• Like 4