The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Haven't listened to it since july. Only songs I still hear from time to time are No Future, San Diego, she's out of her mind, and cynical. I definitely rank this album without question below neighborhoods now by a lot. Whether that has to do with the production and the style of songwriting they went with or just I've been growing out of blinks music since 2011, I don't know. Could also be I've always been prone to Toms songwriting and guitar playing so I'm not going to say I'm impartial but yea this album definitely doesn't have any lasting impact for me at all.

• Like 2

Listened to the whole album today for the first time in a while. Still good. Still not blown away by anything on it other than Cynical and Bored to Death (though Los Angeles and San Diego are also pretty great).

That's one big difference between California and Neighborhoods for me. I think overall I like Neighborhoods more as an album, but I think Cynical and Bored to Death are top-tier blink songs. Honestly two of my favorite songs in blink's entire discography. Neighborhoods doesn't have any tracks on it that I feel that way about. Overall I like the album more than California, but those two songs are way better than anything on Neighborhoods.

• Like 1

i don't listen to it regularly anymore. still like it and all, jammed along to kings of the weekend the other day too. blink just isn't my cup of tea anymore for daily listens. they really killed that part of me during the past 8 years or so. really enjoying bayside's new album right now