The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

43 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Feldman is just getting warmed up. Soon it will be go time again and he can write some more hits for Mark to sing.

Dude Mark didn't sing it was Feldman. They just made him sound like Mark. come on Oliver WAY to much credit to Mark there...Blink didn't really do anything.,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just stumbled upon this video of the first song of blink's set the first time I ever saw them on their reunion tour. Tom sounds like ass in this, but the energy at this show was 1000x better than the time I saw them last month. Kind of sad.

[ghent]TOMBOT ALERT, I REPEAT WE HAVE A TOMBOT[/ghent]

I get you though, he sucked live but I actually miss his guitarwork too, he'd chuck in a few random bits here and there and keep it interesting, even if it was pretty sloppy at times. Skiba is a bit zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, plays every song exactly the way it is on the CD, now I know some people like that but I find it a tad boring, especially in a band that has guitar work as basic as Blink.

11 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just stumbled upon this video of the first song of blink's set the first time I ever saw them on their reunion tour. Tom sounds like ass in this, but the energy at this show was 1000x better than the time I saw them last month. Kind of sad.

Hard to replicate the energy on a tour like that when no one had seen them live for 6 or 7 years though. The Neighborhoods Tour was low energy and the attendance was bad in comparison...and that was with MCR on the bill.

Reunion Tour was a fun fucking time. Saw them twice that summer and had a blast both times.

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Hard to replicate the energy on a tour like that when no one had seen them live for 6 or 7 years though. The Neighborhoods Tour was low energy and the attendance was bad in comparison...and that was with MCR on the bill.

Reunion Tour was a fun fucking time. Saw them twice that summer and had a blast both times.

The reunion tour was super fun. The Honda Civic Tour was really good too I thought. I still just don't understand why the crowd at the show I saw last month was so dead. Everyone just standing still, not singing most of the songs. I was confused because that's not how it was when I saw them before. I still loved the show, but I hated the crowd.

The fans at my show were great for the every song except the California songs which was interesting. The only song from California that got a good reception was Bored To Death.

I feel like most of the younger generations just try and record everything on their phones and it ruins the whole experience. I really wish they would ban cell phones so people could actually enjoy the show with their own eyes and not through a fucking cell phone screen. I feel old as fuck right now saying this! When I went to the Untitled anniversary shows it felt like everyone there was a die hard blink fan and the energy was probably the best for any blink show I've been too. There were no 14 year olds there trying to get 50 likes on their Instagram video.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

The fans at my show were great for the every song except the California songs which was interesting. The only song from California that got a good reception was Bored To Death.

at my show my friend and i were beside two teenage girls and they were all about california songs -- no future and BTD got a good reception from them. on the other hand, it was clear they'd never heard dysentery gary.

3 minutes ago, boxelder said:

at my show my friend and i were beside two teenage girls and they were all about california songs -- no future and BTD got a good reception from them. on the other hand, it was clear they'd never heard dysentery gary.

I guess it's cool that there is a new generation of blink fans that like the new music but it sucks when they don't know the older music and deeps cuts. It makes the live shows kind of shitty when more then half the crowd is just standing there during the songs you love. I always wonder if they just don't like the older blink or they don't bother to even listen to it.

48 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I guess it's cool that there is a new generation of blink fans that like the new music but it sucks when they don't know the older music and deeps cuts. It makes the live shows kind of shitty when more then half the crowd is just standing there during the songs you love. I always wonder if they just don't like the older blink or they don't bother to even listen to it.

That's how I felt the last couple of times I saw Rise Against. I lost my shit when they started playing Black Masks and Gasoline meanwhile the people around me looked at each other and didn't know fuck of that song.. Looked like they'd never heard it haha

• Like 2