The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

guys, i just figured it out! the meaning of 182!

after mark talked about the origin of it in that facebook video, and the only new info bit was the enlonged process and the pissed off label/lawyers, i wondered if the number could be connected to laws.

in the california penal code 182 is the section number of "conspiracy [to commit a felony]". that's it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I hate acoustic performances. ive never seen what the fuss is all about. Theyre ok but whatever

Good acoustic performances, by people not just playing power chords, can be amazing. This not so much. I'm not begrudging them doing acoustic shows, it's different for them, and its nice that they can do little performances easily via plane rides without Travis, but A. I imagine they'd sound a lot better with Travis's acoustic set up and B. These renditions aren't particularly imaginative... or entertaining. For a one off or an outside the venue thing it's cute but doing a lot of shows of them just playing the singles on acoustic, incredibly simply, is just a bit 'meh'. I genuinely prefer the acoustic performances from like 2012 they did with Tom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Exactly, those who hate acoustic performances, go to see John Butler performing Ocean, and let's talk.

Butler is overrated. Check anything by Tommy Emmanuel. 

Back to the point, you can't just compare some punk songs with an acoustic arrangement to an actual 5-6-7 minutes long acoustic piece's like all these Butlers, Emmanuel, McKee, Ross, do. Two different worlds. Acoustic punk song's are boring and cheesy these days. 

Quick question. When playing Disentery Gary, I always had a doubt. When Tom sings "Life just sucks, I lost the one..." what is what's sounding on the background. Are normal notes or harmonics? I find easier to play them as harmonics, but I'm not suer how it was done.

20 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Quick question. When playing Disentery Gary, I always had a doubt. When Tom sings "Life just sucks, I lost the one..." what is what's sounding on the background. Are normal notes or harmonics? I find easier to play them as harmonics, but I'm not suer how it was done.

I never played harmonics but from this video it looks like he's doing harmonics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk3DtYWibto`