The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

It was doomed when Tom started acting like his old self, which was pretty much right away, I knew there was trouble when the album was delayed, I kept saying it over and over the over that Tom was no fucking good and up to his old tricks, but most people on here gave me hell for it and defended the shit out of Tom, even when the album took like 2+ years. Good old Ghent and his "well the foo fighters are about as active".....LOL

But then my redemption of course came in early 2015.

What a moment to be a member of this board was.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I think my opinions are realistic, not negative.   I am know I am gloating, but after years and years of just getting bashed that was some amazing vindication.

You also said repeatedly for years that blink was dead and would never release another piece of music etc. etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You also said repeatedly for years that blink was dead and would never release another piece of music etc. etc.

Well I was kind of right there as well as far as the original lineup goes.

I actually think I am the very first person on here to suggest that they fire Tom and replace him, and if I remember correctly, it was you who said that it was an insane idea. I wish I could find it. It is somewhere here in the archives.

8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Well I was kind of right there as well as far as the original lineup goes.

I actually think I am the very first person on here to suggest that they fire Tom and replace him, and if I remember correctly, it was you who said that it was an insane idea. I wish I could find it. It is somewhere here in the archives.

wow Oliver. that is completely false.

I was making threads ages ago about possible replacements for Tom. I was one of the first to start thinking about that. I was the one getting flamed over it.

I've never considered it something to brag about. But if you're going to make up shit that isn't true, then I guess I will have to.

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

wow Oliver. that is completely false.

I was making threads ages ago about possible replacements for Tom. I was one of the first to start thinking about that. I was the one getting flamed over it.

I've never considered it something to brag about. But if you're going to make up shit that isn't true, then I guess I will have to.

Sorry Ghent, I don't consider hypotheticals the same as a serious discussion that he should be replaced, and maybe I am wrong that you were the one who laughed at me over the "fire Tom" suggestion but it was one of the long time members.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Sorry Ghent, I don't consider hypotheticals the same as a serious discussion that he should be replaced, and maybe I am wrong that you were the one who laughed at me over the "fire Tom" suggestion but it was one of the long time members.

You cling to some odd ball memories, you have to admit. A few weeks ago you claimed that I was "obsessed" with Tom wearing lazer goggles or something. Found the thread from years ago and I made one sarcastic comment about them.

But I understand how memories blur together and certain things stand out. I still remember random members from like 2004 that weren't even that "important."

• Like 1