The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

18 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

when people comparing blink and green day and think green day is better live...

http://ellentube.com/videos/0_0yw26h5d

(even angels and airwaves would sound good with 2-3 hidden session musicians.)

Well, you can have an orchestra if you want, but you can't stop Tom's slurring and out of key voice. Even with Vienna's Philarmonic as a companion, Tom would sound as shitty as always.

Edit: I mean, tastes aside, AVA had good musicians playing. And you can see some live performances which were totally blown away only by Tom, who barely was playing. So...

Anyway, you found that video. I can find TONS of videos in which Green Day is only three people killing it live. They've been always a better live act than blink/AvA. No matter how meticulous you can be searching for GD fails all over the years.

• Like 1

if we compare relationships between feldy and mark-matt-travis, the most solid friendship - between feldy&travis, obviously. after all, they surely will continue working together on some projects. what about mark & feldy - they may be called friends of a stretch, imo

I can still picture this:

Janurary 2015 - blink-182 enters studio with Feldy (yes, Tom is there). Blink presents their demos to John, only to be suggested that they don't have that "summer time Blink feel" to them. Tom texts his manager with permission to begin typing the "TOM. IS. OUT." email. Blink lays down drums and bass to a new song and then collectively agrees to record guitars and vocals after "a quick break." Feldy goes to make his "billboard top 100 espresso" with 8 shots of vegan Carmel syrup, Mark books his next trip to Stonehenge, Travis is Travis, and Tom steps out "to grab some lunch for the boys." Tom gets in his car, calls his manager to send the email, and gets on the highway back to San Diego to Follow the Light.

ok, sorry... I'm on the train going to work and was a little bored... :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, One Eight Two said:

I can still picture this:

Janurary 2015 - blink-182 enters studio with Feldy (yes, Tom is there). Blink presents their demos to John, only to be suggested that they don't have that "summer time Blink feel" to them. Tom texts his manager with permission to begin typing the "TOM. IS. OUT." email. Blink lays down drums and bass to a new song and then collectively agrees to record guitars and vocals after "a quick break." Feldy goes to make his "billboard top 100 espresso" with 8 shots of vegan Carmel syrup, Mark books his next trip to Stonehenge, Travis is Travis, and Tom steps out "to grab some lunch for the boys." Tom gets in his car, calls his manager to send the email, and gets on the highway back to San Diego to Follow the Light.

ok, sorry... I'm on the train going to work and was a little bored... :)

Hahaha I had to laugh at "permission to begin typing the 'TOM. IS. OUT.' email."

8 hours ago, ...and then said:

Sad what Blink has become...from working with Robert Smith to recording a remix with this shithead...

Which is odd because Mark - seem by many as one of the main driving forces behind the poppy turn - is surely a much bigger fan of The Cure than he is Steve Aoki....

3 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure Mark still listens to a lot of indie bands. I think he named some on the recent blink radio takeover.

He mentioned Milk Teeth. I've supported Milk Teeth live, so that was depressing for me. I believe he also likes Moose Blood. 

I guess this is kinda off topic but in all the videos I've been seeing lately Matt can hit all the high notes from the studio version of California honestly just seems like it's out marks range. It's espcially appreant in the Paris acusotic videos. As much as pains to me to admit it Matt has a damn good voice