The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Dook said:

The fact that people believe either of those things makes me sad for our fan base. 

At least it's not as cancerous as the sub-Reddit. 

I think that only a small amount of people on this board believe in either one of these extremes...but that's what every discussion about the new album turns into eventually. If you don't think new Blink is the best thing ever, Ghent will call you a Tombot and you get disqualified as a Blink fan. That's how it works here...;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ...and then said:

I think that only a small amount of people on this board believe in either one of these extremes...but that's what every discussion about the new album turns into eventually. If you don't think new Blink is the best thing ever, Ghent will call you a Tomboy and you get disqualified as a Blink fan. That's how it works here...;)

New blink is exactly what it is. Blink-182 in 2016/17. Is it their prime? Obviously not, but it's what you'd expect from them considering the lineup change and age. They made what was comfortable for them with a producer. Did Feldman influence the songwriting/structure of this album? Sure. Did he write the whole thing? Of course not. Mark has struggled with songwriting but got back into it with California. Having skiba write as well was a help. The album lacks the aspect of Tom's guitar licks and the obvious harmonies that corresponded between deep Hoppus lows and Tom's higher pitch. Other than that, it's a blink pop-punk album. People can get upset about it "not being blink" but is it really that far off?

If Tom was still in the band we most likely would still be album-less and waiting for his new books/movies to finish up. We wouldn't have a producer which would lead to what Neighborhoods became. A decent album with something missing, which was a fourth trained ear into what blink is capable of. Showing them how to push their boundaries.

That just wasn't there on Neighborhoods, but also for California. Both albums are exactly what you would get with Tom still being a member and no producer vs. a producer with no Tom. I enjoy each album fairly equally actually and I'd put them on par with what they are: late blink-182 making a standard album.

I do see a future with Tom in it. Even if that means just one off reunion shows with the Greatest Hits setlist. 

Ive enjoyed all eras of blink and I'll still support the band no matter what. I really hope they push themselves out of their comfort zone on this deluxe album or in the future. Enjoy the ride. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2point5 said:

I'd happily give my life for you to spend a moment with a Russian goddess. 

What a friend. You can't turn these opportunities down. My missus knows the score too. I told her if you wanna cheat on me with Ryan Reynolds you go ahead girl, I'll be there cheering you on but the same goes with me and Helen from the blink boards. She knows. 

• Like 3

https://classic.atrl.net/records/recap/100401.html

Mark and Tom from Blink 182 calls in to talk about their newest video "Stay Together For The Kids" which will be done tomorrow.  Also, they say that the video is the best that they've ever made.  Blink 182 also talks about the book which Mark's sister wrote about them.  They had copies for everyone in the audience.

I like to think this is a running joke for the band, everything they do is the best thing they've ever done.

Hey guys. 

Do any of you have a list of all the guitars the tom sold last year? Or pics? I would appreciate the help and I can't seem to find it much info. I know the boxcar guitar and the green strat that was on the site for ages but it's the other ones that I'm interested in. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gozee said:

Hey guys. 

Do any of you have a list of all the guitars the tom sold last year? Or pics? I would appreciate the help and I can't seem to find it much info. I know the boxcar guitar and the green strat that was on the site for ages but it's the other ones that I'm interested in. Thanks everyone!

I would love the descriptions he wrote as well on the gear. I remember seeing something like "I used this JCM900 for my  huge, heavy tone on songs like The War, Secret Crowds, and Up All Night."