The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I think a lot of Tom's vocal and performance issues on the reunion were that he didn't give a shit. Part of it was drinking; but as I said the last time I saw Blink with Tom at a club it was easily the craziest show I've been to in my entire life. Pure insanity, and Tom wasn't even there. It was like he was green screened onstage. A bomb could have gone off in the front row and he wouldn't have noticed. He literally wore his hat over his eyes  and wouldn't look at anyone.

• Like 1

I get anxious playing for a small crowd on a small stage in a bar or whatever.

I have played pop venues on a big stage in front of a few hundred people and i have no problem with looking at the crowd although i hate it during the first 2 songs because of healthy nerves.

The bigger the crowd the more disconnected you feel and you can do your thing and walk around stage to get the nerves out. I think many of us feel the same way (for everyone in a band)

I can be a bit insecure about my playing when on stage.....not that i'm bad but you just think very negative when you see someone looking at you or your playing......those people are not out to bring you down at all...but your insecurities make it seem so. Even if i fuck up a few notes during the set...i feel like i fucked up so much.

But you would think tom has no problem with that after all these years. I think he knows that people know that he's not that good of a live singer or a great guitarist...i dunno. Tom seemed way more social and cool in 1999 then the later blink years.

I have very very mild aspergers and it seems tom somehow changed into someone on the spectrum. He is obsessed by a few things. Very uncomfortable on stage at times. Such a core personality change. But i got to give it to him....he has toured the world and is now focusing on things he personally wants to do.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, lowson said:

the most annoying live shit tom did post-reunion (well, it might even pre-date it) was that childlike yelling shit he does to lazily replace having to sing the notes (here at 1:00). he's trying to convince everyone it's something cool, something unique, something punk rock, and it's just gross, lazy, and sounds bad.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

had a dream last night that i was at a blink concert and Tom was back, singing a California song. i can't remember which one but i still remember him slurring. weird dream.

Haha I had a blink dream last night too. In my dream the Cali deluxe wasn't even released yet and out of nowhere blink put two new albums up for preorder.

If I cared I'd totally make an online petition or pester him on social media or something, but that sounds like effort so I'm throwing the idea out there for someone with less shame and more time than me. 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

If I cared I'd totally make an online petition or pester him on social media or something, but that sounds like effort so I'm throwing the idea out there for someone with less shame and more time than me. 

He would probably just block the person lmao. But I would definitely pay to watch him listen to California as well, I really don't think he's listened to it all IMHO. I feel like he would've gone on a rant for sure.