The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 4/28/2017 at 11:48 AM, uuhhmmaazziinngg said:

I have to apologize to you guys. But Tom's "Circle-Jerk Pit" came on earlier and I was INTO IT! I still believe Tom can write some great tunes as long as he keeps his guitar in hand and goes easy on the delay pedal... his live singing is another story, but when I've been in crowd at a show, I'm not thinking about his singing, I'm about the moment and his personality (for me) adds to that. I still hope for an Enema 20th anniversary show/tour in 2019...

They'll probably cash in on the 20th anniversary but I wouldn't go if Matt is still singing. Wouldn't seem right. I agree about CJP, I think it's just as good as anything on Cali, but that's not saying much really.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Can someone find the the full clip of the song in this 10 second intro. The beginning is cut off. I havent heard it in years. I heard it on some other random blink vid with Down music video clips in background. Must be from Cheetah vids or something from 03

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Just came across this. Anyone agree with this ranking? Only ones I agree with are #7 and #3 and interesting take for sure

I for sure wouldn't have TOYPJ first was surprised by that....

2 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Just came across this. Anyone agree with this ranking? Only ones I agree with are #7 and #3 and interesting take for sure

Ehh.  Don't know who the fuck this guy is, looks like a typical parents basement you tuber, but don't hate his assessment.  I've actually had TOYPAJ at my top at times.. 

#7: California

#6: Chesire

#5: Neighborhoods

#2c: Enema

#2b: TOYPAJ

#2a: Dude Ranch

#1: Self Titled

Really tough to rank..

• Like 1

Well.....4 songs are out from the deluxe and i have no interest in hearing them again.....At this point i'm actually way more stoked for the new Paramore/Katy Perry/All Time Low releases. And i never thought i would say that.

I hope there are some good songs on the deluxe. I liked the 4 songs for a brief moment and then i realized its garbage. My dick really gets soft thinking about Cali Deluxe now.

Atleast All time Low and paramore are changing their sound and doing something cool that sounds genuine and not forced. 

I'm just starting to get angry at blink. Cause i know there is actual potential in these guys...somewhere

If it weren't for the ''blink'' name/brand. I would never play those songs again actually....While i have a huge Self-titled painting on the wall and also the smiley tattoo on my leg. It sucks to see the band you love going for a direction you don't want them to go.

And its not just the lyrical content or songs itself...but also that guitar sound....Nothing feels right now. Cali Deluxe makes Cali sound amazing. It's all very smooth production but everything on Deluxe sounds 2x more compressed and chaotic with music parts that don't breathe.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

Well.....4 songs are out from the deluxe and i have no interest in hearing them again.....At this point i'm actually way more stoked for the new Paramore/Katy Perry/All Time Low releases. And i never thought i would say that.

I hope there are some good songs on the deluxe. I liked the 4 songs for a brief moment and then i realized its garbage. My dick really gets soft thinking about Cali Deluxe now.

Atleast All time Low and paramore are changing their sound and doing something cool that sounds genuine and not forced. 

I'm just starting to get angry at blink. Cause i know there is actual potential in these guys...somewhere

If it weren't for the ''blink'' name/brand. I would never play those songs again actually....While i have a huge Self-titled painting on the wall and also the smiley tattoo on my leg. It sucks to see the band you love going for a direction you don't want them to go.

And its not just the lyrical content or songs itself...but also that guitar sound....Nothing feels right now. Cali Deluxe makes Cali sound amazing. It's all very smooth production but everything on Deluxe sounds 2x more compressed and chaotic with music parts that don't breathe.

5 if you include Hey I'm Sorry so we've pretty much heard half the album at this point. 

On 5/2/2017 at 1:34 AM, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Ehh.  Don't know who the fuck this guy is, looks like a typical parents basement you tuber, but don't hate his assessment.  I've actually had TOYPAJ at my top at times.. 

He's actually a really great reviewer that analyzes *just* the right amount. He's not as cranky or picky as some other reviewers, so I like his videos.

Also, I respect the love for Neighborhoods. Aside from like the top 2, it's difficult for me to rank the albums. I've listened to Neighborhoods more than any blink album lately though.

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

So what happened to Rick Devoe their old manager? Whens the last time he was around with any of the members? 

Didn't Tom fire him as his personal manager after he sent the Tom. Is. Out. email before Musink? I remember Devoe posted a picture soon after shit hit the fan of him with blink from the old days. In his tweet he was wallowing in the past when things were simpler... or some shit like that. 

31 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Didn't Tom fire him as his personal manager after he sent the Tom. Is. Out. email before Musink? I remember Devoe posted a picture soon after shit hit the fan of him with blink from the old days. In his tweet he was wallowing in the past when things were simpler... or some shit like that. 

It wasn't rick devoe, it was Chris Georggin that sent that email. I don't think rick devoe was really involved with the band that much after the reunion. Chris worked for ricks management company and he was Tom's manager. So that group was gone anyways since Tom was gone, but Tom fired Chris as far as I know so they really are completely out of blink/AVA world now.